amuck-landowner

Untapped locations?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Seattle has long been an under-served market considering the tech concentration up there.

Glad RamNode opened up service there, sorely needed something there.

San Jose, hmmm EGI and their new BuyVM ripoff of sorts comes to mind.  

Not much generally in California considering the population and tech concentration there.  Same places and same lacking networks.

JDiggity

Actually we pulled our plan for Seattle as it really wasn't very good.  We are now looking at something like San Jose.

Looking to offer what we call premium locations and this one didn't end up working for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I want that place that has the lowest latency to the rest of the world.... impossible ? perhaps ...

On a more serious note, I would like to see more in the EU, Central and north.

Often the offers that are available are dirt expensive, but there are some treasures to be found

mojeda

I would pay for a LEB in Australlia, as long as it had high bandwidth :)
I don't think that is possible with out hefty restrictions. Your best bet is to get something on the west coast as the latency won't be that much different.

mnpeep

Verified Provider
Actually we pulled our plan for Seattle as it really wasn't very good.  We are now looking at something like San Jose.

Looking to offer what we call premium locations and this one didn't end up working for us.
Too expensive, unless you go with EGI, which has a crappy network. If you're planning to go to San Jose, I would recommend going Multi-homed right off the bat. Bring a L3 switch to bring alongside you.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
I don't think that is possible with out hefty restrictions. Your best bet is to get something on the west coast as the latency won't be that much different.

Server bandwidth pricing here is getting increasingly ridiculous, and unfortunately the ~200ms latency to west coast US is a problem for certain uses (remote desktop, game servers, etc.).

The NBN is promising pretty decent bandwidth pricing as far as home connections go, though, so we might see some improvement on the business end as well before too long.

bizzard

I think there is a good potential in the Asia region. I am interested in setting up a low end VPS service, but interest is not that all matters :). I lack the experience with virtualization and also the financials. All I know about how VPS providers work is from the threads in LET and WHT. I am from India and there aren't much data centers here. Out of curiosity about the pricing, I contacted CtrlS datacenter in Hyderabad and they have provided me a quote on dedicated as well as colocation. If any existing provider would like to open up a service location in India, I can be of some help.

The quote I got was for a 2 x Quad Core Xeon 5620, 16 GB of RAM, 3 x 300 SAS HDD with RAID 5, 500 GB Bandwidth, with 2 IP's. Its around 650USD per month. I can get the pricing for any other specs if needed. Colocation looks more attractive to me. Its 100USD per month for 1U rack, with 500GB bandwidth. They mentioned the power ratings when I called, but I forgot that. Extra 500GB bandwidth costs around 50USD. Also, they won't be charging for any hardware support. Just sent them the hardware and they will be setting it up. We are also allowed to go in and setup the hardware.

Does this pricing look affordable for a LEB provider? Let me know if anyone is interested.

Oliver

Verified Provider
No it's not affordable at all. You could probably get 5 servers like that in Europe or the US for the same price and 2 or 3 the same somewhere like Hong Kong or Singapore or maybe even Australia (where you're also likely to get a reliable power supply). No way you can start a LEB provider in India with prices like that.

gr3g0s

Hi guys,

Those looking for New Zealand VPS, check out kgovps.com.

We are offering New Zealand XEN packages at a great price - feel free to check us out or email us at info[AT]kgovps.com

We built our own software in-house to manage everything from billing to the virtual machine aspect. This allows us to keep costs down and in turn pass on savings to the end user.

We have just launched with our first 2 locations Auckland and Kansas City.

Our NZ Plans start at $15 /month and are 256Mb + 256Mb Swap, 10Gb HD or 5GB SSD, 100Gb Data Transfer

Chur :D

EDIT: I forgot to add our launch special, drop KGOBLASTOFF during checkout to receive 20% recurring discount off all but our IP6 only plans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Hi guys,

Those looking for New Zealand VPS, check out kgovps.com.

We are offering New Zealand XEN packages at a great price - feel free to check us out or email us at info[AT]kgovps.com

We built our own software in-house to manage everything from billing to the virtual machine aspect. This allows us to keep costs down and in turn pass on savings to the end user.

We have just launched with our first 2 locations Auckland and Kansas City.

Our NZ Plans start at $15 /month and are 256Mb + 256Mb Swap, 10Gb HD or 5GB SSD, 100Gb Data Transfer

Chur :D
Damn 27 ms ping. Too pricey for a VPN though :(

gr3g0s

Cheers 4 the ping Nick, I average about 16 ms from here in Opotiki :D We found us an awesome co-lo in Auckland

I forgot to add our launch special, drop KGOBLASTOFF during checkout to receive 20% recurring discount off all but our IP6 only plans.

:D

Nick

Cheers 4 the ping Nick, I average about 16 ms from here in Opotiki :D We found us an awesome co-lo in Auckland

I forgot to add our launch special, drop KGOBLASTOFF during checkout to receive 20% recurring discount off all but our IP6 only plans.

:D
Awesome, I'm in Tauranga.

May pick one up. Mind to put a speed test/file up?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

amuck-landowner