amuck-landowner

Up and Coming VPS Providers You've Been Happy With Recently

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We all know about the staple go to's in the lower end of the VPS industry.  Companies like Prometeus, BuyVM, RamNode, Hostigation, ipxCore and SecureDragon.

I want to hear about new providers you've been impressed with recently.  Perhaps a new company or a new offer?  Or maybe a panel or customer system you've really liked.

Who should we give some additional interest to and be considering?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
SouthBendVPS. Ordered a VPS from them, it was setup quick. Had an issue with the IP being dirty according to Google (Use the server as a VPN, Google makes me enter CAPCHA codes).  I wasn't too worried about itm and they said to contact them again in a few days as they were getting new IPs and would swap mine out. I don't contact them, but instead they open a ticket for me asking when to proceed. That was nice. I wasn't going to bug them about it too much but they offered. :)

Good provider so far and am adding a couple project sites to that server as well. Will do a more detailed review when enough time has passed to make it worthwhile to write one.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Seeming this is about companies that recently have started up instead of already established ones ;) I'll put one on here.

I really like Backupsy.  Granted I haven't touched it much besides for monitoring and just several crons that backs up some of my smaller VPS containers, it's been up with no problem for a long time.

Also, their custom control panel is pretty fantastic.  I mean it's built on top of Proxmox but it does everything you want the KVM to do.  Definitely a ton of work was put into it I can tell.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Stop it Pie!  Stop it.  Quit tickling my pocketbook with Backupsy :)

Their panel looks great and Proxmox lately has been my personal virtualization solution.

Glad to hear another endorsement for them.   

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
@, I mean if you give me more time I could probably find something to complain about (like IPv6 *cough cough* but now I'm being hypocritical) ;) 

In all honesty, this control panel is pretty refreshing from standard Solus. I also haven't tried the Automatic installation they have available, so I actually might test that out soonish... 

Pretty nifty overall.  

amuck-landowner