amuck-landowner

update on $1 per year vps idea (32MB Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

Verified Provider
General perception, not opinion.

I've yet to see anything constructive from you in this thread but I see plenty of trolling. So, while he is entirely misguided and a bit loony, his comment does stand - stay on topic.
I gave quite a bit of constructive input into the start of this thread along with many other users, we all lost the reason for this topic, after every bit of feedback and information given to him was either ignored or decided to do the complete opposite. For example downgrading the spec instead of the increases we was recommending, and that is only one thing that we have tried to give feedback and help. At the start of this thread.

Im all up for the idea, and im never going to stop someone trying something, but we all tried to give it a fighting chance to be a viable solution, and gave feedback around the limit's and what he was expecting.

It will be interesting to see the end result Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtwiscool

I gave quite a bit of constructive input into the start of this thread along with many other users, we all lost the reason for this topic, after every bit of feedback and information given to him was either ignored or decided to do the complete opposite. For example downgrading the spec instead of the increases we was recommending, and that is only one thing that we have tried to give feedback and help. At the start of this thread.

Im all up for the idea, and im never going to stop someone trying something, but we all tried to give it a fighting chance to be a viable solution, and gave feedback around the limit's and what he was expecting.

It will be interesting to see the end result Friday.
The server specs are more performance per user then the old config.

mtwiscool

Update time:

all iptables for NAT are done(ssh only).

IPV6 ready to be added after the CT is made for reasons of limitations of openvz.

Things to still do:

Lock down server more.

Add locations page to website and update tarms of use.

More information about the service:

You can find your ipv6 by typing into ssh(ifconfig)

The default password will be default and you will need to change this after you login by using the passed cmd.

AshleyUK

Verified Provider
Are you saying the default password will be "default" or was that just what your going to say. As your spreading all the SSH ports over one IP. I'd recommend setting some quite secure passwords as default.

mtwiscool

Are you saying the default password will be "default" or was that just what your going to say. As your spreading all the SSH ports over one IP. I'd recommend setting some quite secure passwords as default.
We have more then one password but it be up to the user to change the password when they enter they vm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner