amuck-landowner

update on $1 per year vps idea (32MB Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luis123456

Just going to leave this here.

[Moderator] I've removed the content and I was about to remove you. You've been warned twice now. Any more and you'll be removed, permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Just going to leave this here.

[Moderator] I've removed the content and I was about to remove you. You've been warned twice now. Any more and you'll be removed, permanently.
Ouch... Inline moderator commentary.... I like this approach :)

Let's no rain on the parade..

Paging @wlanboy.... One review for vpsB please :)

kcaj

We allow to max out CPU for short periods of time. However, please make sure that 1-hour average CPU load does not exceed the following values:2.5% for all users
wut, 2.5% load average for a one core (?) i5? That's tickover..

trewq

Verified Provider
Will the IPv4 be outbound NAT to download files or is it only for SSH?

trewq

Verified Provider
Nat only but you couldn't it for a ssh vpn.

But we.expect people to use Ipv6 and you can use coldflare to convert to ipv4
That didn't clarify anything. Ok, simpler question, will I be able to wget a file from a IPv4 address?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Are you aware that, as a minor, there is nothing you can do to prevent law enforcement from seizing equipment?  All it's going to take is a single client doing something nasty enough, and you'll find the entire node (and every VM it contains) gone after the DC turns over the drive.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Cross posting here... Because I think I should do something....

Count me in for a chip in @mtwiscool.  I'll send you $20 just because.

Who else is interested in helping @mtwiscool out?  Have a few of us interested in pooling small amounts... Goal is to get him a PayPal account (legally) - yes they are available....  Small sum... $100 or less.  Awaiting information from a company that offers such.

Heck I say we aim for a company incorporation for him too so things are done more sanely and protection in part for customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

k0nsl

Bad Goy
ngIRCd? Then link it to my little network during the test. Just a thought ! :)

I was thinking about that too, but I don't know if I should do that.

Will not be that easy to find something that runs on 32MB of RAM.

I cannot add that vps to my MongoDB cluster nor run a mirror of my homepage - and poll the heck out of the box.

But I will look into something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner