amuck-landowner

[UPDATED] Rules for posting VPS Offers

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Howdy VPS providers, welcome to the VPS Offers forum! We hope that this section will become a hot spot for those seeking VPS deals that drive traffic and sales to your site.

You may be eager to get your offer posted, however the following should be noted:

• All offers require a moderator approval before being posted. Your offer must follow the guidelines listed below. Any discrepancy in your offer will delay it's ability to be seen by the public until it has been fixed and conforms with the guidelines/rules listed below.

While we are appreciative that you wish to post your offer here, we do have rules in place so that we post only quality offers from trustworthy vendors. Due to this, not all offers may be eligible to be posted.

Criteria for submitted offers:

• Submitter must have at least 25 posts before submission can become active.
  • Company must have valid WhoIS information publicly available and can not have private WhoIS enabled. (Any new offers as of July 28th, 2013 will be checked for this and will not be posted regardless if they were posted in the past)
  • Submissions by representative of companies only, no affiliate links.
  • No free VPS Offers.
Formatting guidelines for all submitted offers:

• Title of post must include company name and must be descriptive of the offer.
  • Offers must include the datacenter(s) available for the offer
  • Offers must include the ACTUAL location (city) of the datacenter provinding the services available and not be misleading. Ex: New York = New York City. If you are in Buffalo, say 'Buffalo', not New York.
  • Offer must include a small description of the company and of the plan details. Don't just list plans, tell us about your company.
  • Only one offer per every seven days may be posted!
  • You must also have at least 5 non-offer related posts between offers! (Ex: You post an offer on the 7th, and on the 14th you return to post a new offer. If you have not participated on the forum that previous week, your offer will not be approved)

The guidelines and criteria listed above will help create a quality offers section that we hope our visitors will enjoy and one that we hope brings traffic and sales to the providers who submit them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What about offers for say.. domains or services?
Good question. I do intend to add these, but as a new community I didn't want to have too many empty forums. I feel that things will pick up soon, and I'll likely add them soon.

Welcome to vpsBoard too blergh! Glad to see you here. Things will certainly be picking up soon. :D

SeriesN

Verified Provider
I agree with Strout, I request or quote section for consumers would be nice.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Do you think this is something that should be implemented now?

I was afraid of having too many forums from the start, as that looks bad as they sit empty.

Nick

How about an announcemnt forum

and

Downtime report forum

At this time, these kinds of posts would belong in the "Industry News" section for issues having a large impact while smaller issues will belong just fine in the "General VPS Talk" section. We hope to introduce new sections in the near future once the existing sections have become more populated.

blergh

Verified Provider
I would assume having a downtime-subforum could work, but it would probably just be like WHT with "OMG OMG HALP!!"-posts.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Perhaps the downtime section should be more directed to providers announcing planned downtime?

and posting RFO for the unplanned downtime.

I don't really like that every user should start posting about providers downtime, it will only turn into speculation and then we are were we don't wan't to be.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
No. All prices are a go.
Nice one, I think that is one of the main things that stopped LET/B from evolving, hardware changed, IP crisis Hit hard for many, Advertising costs on LEB/T went up by 300% but the $7 limit stayed in place which essentially started the ridiculous Ram race.

amuck-landowner