amuck-landowner

[UPDATED] vpsBoard's Provider of the Year: The Results

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I saw your post, I just though you misread my post.

I find it odd that we (your users) have to compile the list to find the rest of the rankings!

LowEndService... ;-)
Sorry you feel that way. It took a lot of time to organize the votes and do the top 5. The polling and the voting was for "the" top provider of 2014. Not the "top providers". I was originally going to only post the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place results but when typing up my post it looked to scarce for an announcement so I included 4th and 5th too.

If it's an important metric to see, I'll get to it later this evening after I get some other things completed.

fixidixi

Well sorry folks for the divided points but.. seemed like a good idea.. ..at the time :D. Thanks Manndude for the poll I think it helps every newcomer to check out a list like this if they have a question of "where should i start"..

Mid

If the polling was only for a top provider, there is no need to ask for  "Honourable Mentions".

I think it makes sense to do a "YYYY good providers" poll as well, without asking for points from users. And one could specify a max of say 3 or 4 providers. The provider who has got more mentions tops the list and it could be a 'top 10' or 'top 15' (or whatever) list.

That would allow the new good providers to get the recognition they deserve.

Why not have separate page to show the award? of course no thread there

(like vpsboard.com/2014-top-provider/)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Well sorry folks for the divided points but.. seemed like a good idea.. ..at the time :D. Thanks Manndude for the poll I think it helps every newcomer to check out a list like this if they have a question of "where should i start"..
Smartass

If the polling was only for a top provider, there is no need to ask for  "Honourable Mentions".

I think it makes sense to do a "YYYY good providers" poll as well, without asking for points from users. And one could specify a max of say 3 or 4 providers. The provider who has got more mentions tops the list and it could be a 'top 10' or 'top 15' (or whatever) list.

That would allow the new good providers to get the recognition they deserve.

Why not have separate page to show the award? of course no thread there

(like vpsboard.com/2014-top-provider/)
While I agree with you, the reason why I personally enjoy asking for the Honourable Mentions is simply for people to show their support for additional brands/companies they didn't vote for (since that's basically what an honourable mention is...  mentioning them).  We apologize if we've stepped on some toes.  

I'd totally be down with having a separate dedicated page with our current winner (and also past winners hopefully in the next few years!)!  This is after all the first year going about this, so receiving feedback and suggestions from the community will really help us figure out what worked and what didn't for the future!  I personally really appreciate your input! 

fixidixi

And which provider of the year should be the right one out of the four? Or you might have just lost sight of the actual title of the topic....

amuck-landowner