amuck-landowner

Uruguay new location, interesting? not? why? We love your feedback !

Increhost

Verified Provider
Hey there!, we're currently finishing negotiations with the DC in Uruguay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay),

and we're curious what VPSBoard people think about this location as an option to put your services in.

And also in case you like the location, what kind of services would you choose to see available ?

(if you're curious, test IP is 200.108.192.1)

Thank you !!

Pmadd

For me personally, I'd like to have some relatively cheap small OVZ or KVM VPS'. But one question I've got is how much bandwidth will we get?

Increhost

Verified Provider
Well, traffic is unmetered which is awesome, but... bandwidth is really expensive at start, so a few megs for a small

box / project should suffice.

As more people come, it should be more easy to cover costs and give better specs to clients.

Thks !

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Interesting location.  I vote for VPS.   Nice to see some place entirely different!  

Increhost

Verified Provider
Interesting location.  I vote for VPS.   Nice to see some place entirely different!  
Thank  you for the feedback ! stay tunned in the offers sections as we will be releasing some

offer as soon as the node is completely installed.

Cheers !

peterw

Uruguay is a good location for someone that has friends and family in Brazil or Argentinia. Brazil is too expensive for hosting. I need a 128MB RAM box for blog and photo gallery with some traffic (10-50GB). No need for Florida if Uruguay would get a low end host.

Increhost

Verified Provider
Uruguay is a good location for someone that has friends and family in Brazil or Argentinia. Brazil is too expensive for hosting. I need a 128MB RAM box for blog and photo gallery with some traffic (10-50GB). No need for Florida if Uruguay would get a low end host.
Well we do sell SSD VPS on miami and the price will not be the same, but we will do our best to keep it as low as we can (costs are pretty high in UY, and I mean all of them... power bandwidth ip etc)

Mind sharing how much disk space are you thinking about and what woulf be your budget?

Cheers!

NodePing

I'm looking forward to kicking the tires on my Uruguayan VPS!  Hope latency to Brazil and Chile is nice and low.

amuck-landowner