amuck-landowner

US Federal Government Shut Down - Budget Impass

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
This actually blows because it negatively affects all the good/cool shit our government does (NASA, national parks, social services, consumer/financial protection agencies), while leaving things like the NSA and military untouched

nunim

VPS Junkie
This actually blows because it negatively affects all the good/cool shit our government does (NASA, national parks, social services, consumer/financial protection agencies), while leaving things like the NSA and military untouched
I don't think it would be a good idea to show the rest of the world that we're defenseless....  Also the first, or maybe second, rule in politics is that you don't mess with the troops, especially with their pay. 

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Also the first, or maybe second, rule in politics is that you don't mess with the troops, especially with their pay. 
The irony is that the US has a terrible history of violating this rule with little or no blowback

jarland

The ocean is digital
What annoys me though is that a small handful of members of one party can grind the GLOBAL economic recovery to a halt.

Here is a really nice video a couple of years old but still goo : http://www.snotr.com/video/8742/Tax_Dollars_At_War
One party? Is that the one standing their ground or the one standing their ground? Obama will negotiate with Iran and not his opposing political party. Picking one side of this situation is about as ignorant as one could get. Both sides are being equally childish.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
To think that the GOP wants to be accused of any more foul play by the media and the uninformed public is to miss the picture. They would gladly save political face if it didn't mean that their internal competitors (read Tea Party) would take over. As it is, this is just one more step to a third party since it's all going to halt somewhere in the middle.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Just have the Queen of England come over and bitch slap you like they did Australia back in the 70's.

Francisco

Hassan

Verified Provider
Calling it the government shutting down is over exaggerating the situation, everything should be back to normal in a couple days. Its just unfortunate for the people who are out of a job while this gets taken care of.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Republicans are fighting to keep an exemption off the law books for the "ObamaCare" BS... Several provisions are on there that exempt certain people while fining lower income families who cannot afford even the cheapest insurance.

I say let them stay shut down... They aren't doing anything to help anyways... Shut down the IRS as well...

rds100

Verified Provider
@Reece actually i think that keeping the Queen and accepting the metric systems are the best things that the british have done in the last century ;-)

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
@Reece actually i think that keeping the Queen and accepting the metric systems are the best things that the british have done in the last century ;-)
Probably but still our Queen don't have as much power as people think.

amuck-landowner