amuck-landowner

US Federal Government Shut Down - Budget Impass

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Republicans are fighting to keep an exemption off the law books for the "ObamaCare" BS... Several provisions are on there that exempt certain people while fining lower income families who cannot afford even the cheapest insurance.

I say let them stay shut down... They aren't doing anything to help anyways... Shut down the IRS as well...
This man speaks truth. I do disagree with Congress still getting paid.

nunim

VPS Junkie
This whole mess made me watch "The Shutdown" episode of the West Wing, I miss that show =/

I honestly feel bad for Obama, most presidents have an 18 month window after election to get some work done, he's on his second term and he's still fighting for something he should have gotten finished in his first.  I don't get why the republicans just don't accept that this is going to happen, they're only hurting themselves right now and will probably lose the house after the mid-term election as a result of this.

clarity

This whole mess made me watch "The Shutdown" episode of the West Wing, I miss that show =/

I honestly feel bad for Obama, most presidents have an 18 month window after election to get some work done, he's on his second term and he's still fighting for something he should have gotten finished in his first.  I don't get why the republicans just don't accept that this is going to happen, they're only hurting themselves right now and will probably lose the house after the mid-term election as a result of this.
The Republicans are fighting this because it should have never been in existence. The entire vote that approved this is completely shady. If they would have waited as they were supposed to, they would not have had the votes. Instead, they rushed a vote on December 24th before the newly elected officials were there to vote. 

The thing that I don't understand is why people are for it. Why involve the government in another part of our lives? If they are going to force healthcare, what is next? Why not automobile insurance? Why not life insurance? Why not home owner's insurance? Where does it stop?

You can certainly bet that the Democrats are getting some kickbacks from this, but that is for another topic.

The issue here is that this kills small business growth. Businesses that are growing are deliberately stopping or slowing it down. This in the end will hurt us more than we know. It is also forcing companies to charge more for benefits. I can tell you that since this was adopted, I have seen premiums rise every single year, and I know that more are on the way. They are all linked back to this major change in insurance law.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
1381659_369314416535076_1324746487_n.png

*Waits to be accused of being a racist again.. LAWLZZZ. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What they are doing, threatening to arrest veterans for visiting the memorials is just terrible. 

Vets long ago scheduled their vacation arrangements.  Not some spontaneous event.

As for the border situation, if we wanted to stop illegals, they'd move the border checkpoints to the border and not have them 60-80 miles away from the border.  Been like that out west during Democrat office holders and Republican office holders.

What the heck is Commie Jerry Brown doing in Cali giving illegals more rights?

Heck, the Democrats need the illegals as voting blocks.  The Republicans need them to clean their hotels and do the near slave money for free.  Impeach all of them, arrest all the corporatists found conspiring with foreign nationals or on behalf of such.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What they are doing, threatening to arrest veterans for visiting the memorials is just terrible. 

Vets long ago scheduled their vacation arrangements.  Not some spontaneous event.

As for the border situation, if we wanted to stop illegals, they'd move the border checkpoints to the border and not have them 60-80 miles away from the border.  Been like that out west during Democrat office holders and Republican office holders.

What the heck is Commie Jerry Brown doing in Cali giving illegals more rights?

Heck, the Democrats need the illegals as voting blocks.  The Republicans need them to clean their hotels and do the near slave money for free.  Impeach all of them, arrest all the corporatists found conspiring with foreign nationals or on behalf of such.
They're only closing down memorials like that as theatrics. It's not saving the government money. It's just theatrics because people care about those and they want to get people riled up. If they shut down due to budget issues they should be ripping out and throwing away wasteful spending in other areas. I personally want to see this stretched out as far as possible and America default on our debt. It'd be a nice eye-opener for some of the people who are blind to just how shitty things have gotten and maybe things need to get much worse for us before the people get together to attempt to make things better. Whether that be at the voting booth, or in the streets.

California just started giving illegal immigrants drivers licenses. They did it because they were driving anyway and doing so without insurance, so now by giving them the ability to drive legally here (even if they're in our country illegally), they can make them pay for insurance. I'm okay with immigrants, America was founded on it. But they need to pay taxes and contribute to the better good of this country instead of sending the vast majority of their tax free earnings back to their home country. I've worked in the food industry for years, and I worked with some great Mexican workers. These folk were legal. But they don't have long term goals here. They live in cheap apartments, with as many people as possible. They bust their ass and work hard, make good money, but they SEND IT BACK to Mexico to support their families there and all of them miss home. Their plans in America last 10-20 years tops. What good does that do for the USA? Now, these are the legal folk. They do pay taxes.

I managed an organic orchard in Nevada for a little while. We had some jobs that was best to just get a team of 10 migrant workers to do. They bust ass. They made good money. But judging by the fact they drove through the desert on dirt roads to get to the property in vehicles with no license plates instead of taking roads that went through town.. well... I don't think those folk were legal. None of my concern, they did their job and did it well. But I doubt the money that was paid to them contributed much to America's economic growth.

Put up a wall or dont, I really don't care. But if they're here they need to pay into the system and not get rewarded for entering illegally by getting perks and handouts.

peterw

What good does that do for the USA? Now, these are the legal folk. They do pay taxes.

Put up a wall or dont, I really don't care. But if they're here they need to pay into the system and not get rewarded for entering illegally by getting perks and handouts.
We do have the same discussion in the EU about illegal migrants.

If we would care and if we would give them a helping hand (bureaucracy) they would like to live in our land (and not only get as much money as possible).

They would bring their familiy to our land too.

They would spend a lot of money in our land, go to school, pay taxes, buy a small house, rent flats, buy a second car.

But short minded people fear them because they are willing to work harder for less money.

They fear competition.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Technically, the War Memorial is CLOSED to the general public. By remaining there, they were legally trespassing, and as such could be arrested. They broke the law, they could be arrested. Now, if I were the officer in that situation, I would have chosen a simple Cite and Release, assuming I didn't have the option to just tell them to leave. 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Technically, the War Memorial is CLOSED to the general public. By remaining there, they were legally trespassing, and as such could be arrested. They broke the law, they could be arrested. Now, if I were the officer in that situation, I would have chosen a simple Cite and Release, assuming I didn't have the option to just tell them to leave. 
It is not trespassing and they are not the general public they are soldiers and the memorial is theirs. It is there to honor the soldiers they have fought and died with and to be forcibly removed from there is a disgrace to this country and what it was founded on. 

jarland

The ocean is digital
Didn't know it costs money to not close it, not put up fences, and not police it. They're spending more money to make a show of "look what happens when we don't have money." Wtf kinda country do I live in...

amuck-landowner