amuck-landowner

Virtuavps another summer host?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh yeah, I throw up the green light for Corey and Cody, they took jabs at CVPS, LEB, CC.  :)

Usually happens :)   Now get off that forsaken network for your own good.

Last edited by a moderator:

sv01

Slow but sure
why only you reply on http://lowendbox.com/blog/virtuavps-4-20month-1gb-and-6-6month-1-5gb-in-buffalo-la-and-dallas/ ? where's your 'brother'

I don't believe it :) someone asking his brother to buy domain for his 'company'.

Conversation went as -
Cody: Hey corey I have the cash will you register a domain for me?
Corey: Sure, give me the cash and I'll use my card. 5 minutes later, ok what's your godaddy account info so I can transfer it to you.
Cody: Gives godaddy account info and then sets his domain up....

this company must be joke.

The reason I use the same test file as Corey, is because when I started I rented server space from him.
I did not need a full server, and could not pay for a full server's rent when
I was making at most 30-50 bucks a month.
I have since acquired my own server in LA, but continue to rent from him in NY because
I have not received enough orders to put my own server in NY yet.
????

Virtua - Cody

@drmike, Finger banging doesn't sound too bad...
If only I knew where else to go ;)

@sv01, I replied to the post. It was removed by the moderator because it was rather.. obscene. Because my WHOIS information is public. It is correct. It is not private. It is not messed up. Yet LEB decided to threaten me with making me give refunds to all my customers and telling everyone I'm untrustworthy.

All because some kiddo can't read a WHOIS file.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Oh and @sv01, what does it take to convince you, do you need to see my credit card statement? You are relentless.
To be honest this is the best opportunity you have for somehow convincing me you aren't a client pump-n-dumping summer host

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
@...

my WHOIS information is public. It is correct. It is not private. It is not messed up.Yet LEB decided to threaten me with making me give refunds to all my customers and telling everyone I'm untrustworthy.

All because some kiddo can't read a WHOIS file.
That's actually very humorous that they threatened you over WHOIS info because one of their favorites 123systems is on the same regular LowEndBox rotation as ChicagoVPS and the Better Business Business has a warning on 123systems profile telling people to contact IC3.gov because the address that was listed on the WHOIS at the time the warning was issued by the BBB doesn't even exist (not to mention the fact that reviews of 123sys are almost 100% negative lately).

for the people who like to see proof, links to 123sys BBB profile

http://www.bbb.org/north-east-florida/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/123systems-solutions-in-douglas-ga-235960749/

Additional Information
According to the USPS the 836 N Peterson Ave Ste 701, Douglas, GA address for this company is not valid.  Our mail has been returned by the USPS as "Return to Sender No Such Number Unable to Forward".  You may wish to contact the Internet Crimes office at www.IC3.org for further assistance.

Virtua - Cody

To be honest this is the best opportunity you have for somehow convincing me you aren't a client pump-n-dumping summer host
 Pump and dump?

Well I'd love to tell you how I have a high customer retention rate, low product costs, and a very high server up-time percentage - but you wouldn't believe me. I'd love to tell you how I stay up until 3-5 AM every morning, and wake up around 8 to check support tickets to make sure no one goes over an hour without an answer - but you wouldn't believe me. I have been transparent, and will always be transparent. All of my information is correct, you can even send me a call or a text on the number I provided earlier in this forum. There's no reason why you should think I'm a "pump and dump" because I've given you no criteria on which to base that hypothesis. You're just being an overzealous skeptic. Which is good in most cases, but at some point you have to have some sort of trust, or else you have no place in the business, or at the very least on this thread - because I've provided all the information I can for everyone to see.

- Edit: Removed obscene language.

Virtua - Cody

That's actually very humorous that they threatened you over WHOIS info because one of their favorites 123systems is on the same regular LowEndBox rotation as ChicagoVPS and the Better Business Business has a warning on 123systems profile telling people to contact IC3.gov because the address that was listed on the WHOIS at the time the warning was issued by the BBB doesn't even exist (not to mention the fact that reviews of 123sys are almost 100% negative lately).

for the people who like to see proof, links to 123sys BBB profile

http://www.bbb.org/north-east-florida/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/123systems-solutions-in-douglas-ga-235960749/
Seems like they're bullying the little guy to me.

coreyman

Verified Provider
Cody, as an outside observer, I can tell you that you had me on your side throughout your whole post until the end.

Remember, this is a public and you are being judged by everyone not just the person you are addressing.
What should he have said differently?

Virtua - Cody

Cody, as an outside observer, I can tell you that you had me on your side throughout your whole post until the end.

Remember, this is a public and you are being judged by everyone not just the person you are addressing.
I understand this is the public. I apologize if the way I worded that offended you or anyone else in any way, it's just the only thing that came to my mind at the time I wrote the post.. I was getting aggravated at having to continually defend myself as if I'm on trial here. I haven't done a single thing wrong, but it seems as if people are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

coreyman

Verified Provider
Eliminate:

If it still isn't enough for you... well.. tough shit.
I think he would still like to get his point accross that he isn't providing anymore information to him, so that would need a reword not an elimination.

tonyg

I understand this is the public. I apologize if the way I worded that offended you or anyone else in any way, it's just the only thing that came to my mind at the time I wrote the post.. I was getting aggravated at having to continually defend myself as if I'm on trial here. I haven't done a single thing wrong, but it seems as if people are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
You didn't offend me, but you lost the validity of the rest of your post.

Please reread your post at a later time (once you cooled off) and then you will see what I am talking about.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Seems like they're bullying the little guy to me.
Not in the slightest.  123S (a former client of ours) is a one-man operation run by an amateur.  I cannot attest for the quality of service as I refused to trust him with my data - but I can say he has a public history of racking up bills at one provider, then bailing and moving his entire operation before doing the same thing again.

Current theory is that he ran out of places to bail to, and quietly accepted a (partial?) buyout from CVPS.  He deserves every bit of the reputation he has.

Virtua - Cody

Oh wow. 

With reputations like that in the industry, I can definitely see where people in this thread are coming from. But at some point pushing for more information I believe goes too far. Like I said earlier, you have to have some sort of trust with a provider, but if you're so close minded to new providers you'll never get to a point where you can trust someone knew. 

I sound like a relationship guidance counselor here... lol.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
With reputations like that in the industry, I can definitely see where people in this thread are coming from.
When something new appears on LowEndBox the general presumption is guilty until proven innocent because from past experience with offers over there they often are guilty.  :)  Maarten is the last person who should be saying anything about private WHOIS though because his employers ColoCrossing use private WHOIS info on their sites: ChicagoVPS, HudsonValleyHost, LowEndBox,  and LowEndTalk.

EDIT: Correction. My bad.  ChicagoVPS is not owned, either wholly or partly, by ColoCrossing and is an independent company.  I apologize for incorrectly listing them as a ColoCrossing property.  I will now go stand in the corner with my head hung in shame.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, the brothers on this one might be getting a harsh shaking.

Now if this wasn't on CC's network, and nested within GetDedi (which was an eyebrow raiser quiet deal), and was SWIPd properly and the WHOIS was ahh fully public - not go to the special site to see, and if the test IPs weren't the same.... STOP IT. 

Here's my big dig and picture,   I dealt with nearly the same last year around the same time I do believe.  Then it was the never ending shell companies that were showing up on LEB and all owned/controller/invested in/whatever by ServerMania.  In that I proved multiple companies were family nested (i.e. one with a guy and another shoved in his father's name,  another was same guy with company and other company shoved in his brothers name).

It's sadly, the same LEB listings, the same datacenter (Buffalo, ColoCrossing).... and the overlap/shared weird stuff... So you get heat....

Only thing missing is the fellas on this one being from greater Buffalo or across the river Ontario...  I know you lads aren't....

Absent someone digging a little something else up, I'll be quiet on this :)  I give a green light.. Hopefully later I don't find you both were at CC/subsidiary working/contracting/ticketing and egg on my face :)

amuck-landowner