amuck-landowner

Virtuavps another summer host?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Being a newbie and coming in to a community with arrogance and a narcissistic attitude makes you look like an ass..and indeed a possible pump n dumper.

Also, as others have said, anyone using CC tends to find themselves with a lot to prove before they move out of the LOLYEAHRIGHT group.

Virtua - Cody

Being a newbie and coming in to a community with arrogance and a narcissistic attitude makes you look like an ass..and indeed a possible pump n dumper.

Also, as others have said, anyone using CC tends to find themselves with a lot to prove before they move out of the LOLYEAHRIGHT group.
Call me what you may, but put yourself in my shoes and ask yourself how you would have handled it. Probably pretty close to the way I did.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I wouldn't have chosen your providers for a start so no, I wouldn't have reacted the same way. Regardless, someone who's new to a community shouldn't act like that - first impressions stick.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Big picture, these two will be fine if they put distance between their companies properly.  As in their own servers, IPs, etc.  Right now it smells like a reseller deal leveraging dual post/ad ability (which I've poked about for a year or two over there and what could/will occur due to encouraging such a work around)...

The CC relationship, it's surviveable per se.  It just isn't good for sales in the segment they muscle busted (CC/LE*)... Oversaturated and tons of drama (actual drama, not just me scab picking them).

I just ask that you remember the poor servers we've seen at CC in near past --- Google: colocrossing  --> then go to images... And remember the routers/switches with the funny round robin set up.... and the many many shells (ServerMania ran over 6 different co's through that marketplace last year + CC's brands)....

It's like moving into a neighborhood you know sucks, then getting jacked... then saying unfair.  You fellows aren't new to the industry, you've had companies for a few years...

Virtua - Cody

@MartinD, I'm sure you wouldn't have, knowing what you know, but I'm brand new so I have some learning to do. First impressions do stick, and if I would have just bent over and taken it that would leave an impression too.. I guess it's just how you want to look at it. It's either good or bad in every person's eyes the way I stuck up for myself, and I do realize I could have handled a few things in a better way and I do apologize for those mistakes, but yes even I make mistakes. ;)

@drmike I will be happy to put more distance between his and my companies' once I have enough revenue to move out completely on my own. Right now I can't exactly afford E5 single-server Colo in 3 locations, which is why it's better for me to rent through other people. In fact, I recently tried to rent through Versaweb out of LA and got screwed out of quite a bit of money so, I'm trying to regroup. It put me back a quite a bit.

AThomasHowe

Cody, are you the younger brother... possibly around age 18?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a little bit to me like he's seen his brother is making some money in this space and now it's his time to start making his own money he's decided to follow in his footsteps, renting from him and using his connections to keep startup costs low... not necessarily a bad thing but if I was looking to host with you I'd probably see how things go down over the next few months first.

Good luck I guess, you might want to diversify a bit though. What's stopping me going to your brother or any other number of CC resellers over you, what do your services bring to the table?

coreyman

Verified Provider

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a little bit to me like he's seen his brother is making some money in this space and now it's his time to start making his own money he's decided to follow in his footsteps, renting from him and using his connections to keep startup costs low... not necessarily a bad thing but if I was looking to host with you I'd probably see how things go down over the next few months first.

Good luck I guess, you might want to diversify a bit though. What's stopping me going to your brother or any other number of CC resellers over you, what do your services bring to the table?
Actually I was the one that suggested to him that he use my connections to keep his costs low - so yes that is a big factor there. I will let him respond to the rest.

Virtua - Cody

Yes I am the younger brother.

Thank you for the good wishes. I have been wanting to diversify, I just do not have the capital to do so yet. But hopefully I can begin to diversify soon.

Nothing is stopping you - other than quality of service.

My life is this business.

I work hard to ensure my customers receive both a quality product and quality service from myself. I have sacrificed all luxuries of a "normal" life to pursue this business, and I will do everything in my power to ensure that not only my customers are happy, but that this business survives.

That is what you receive from my business, over anyone else's. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
hahaaaa... your brother can regale you with that tale.  As a tl;dr (spoiler: don't feel sorry for the kid, he does this all the time) -

dontmiss.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
so.. this isn't related to at all?
No we are not related to them at all. Honestly we didn't hear about the company which this thread is about until after we started advertising. 

Also this thread reminded me I never changed my whois. I updated the company name,phone/fax and email to reflect what it is suppose to be. 

S-Jack

I've seen plenty popping up around the year! I commented on one's Facebook status the other day and a mate got into their admin panel... They're not very safe & they use Eleven2, I decided that most people that use E2 are not going to be round for long due to they're not willing to pay for quality. 

coreyman

Verified Provider
I've seen plenty popping up around the year! I commented on one's Facebook status the other day and a mate got into their admin panel... They're not very safe & they use Eleven2, I decided that most people that use E2 are not going to be round for long due to they're not willing to pay for quality. 
What does this even mean?

amuck-landowner