amuck-landowner

Volumedrive about to deadpool?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
They must of paid GoRack at least once and they left GoRack due to multiple reasons.
They broke their contract outright with GoRack, came in with a check and swapped out all their e3's with 1990's era P3's saying it was a hardware upgrade. Needless to say the check bounced.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not hard to be "profitable" when the last two providers they used they never paid.
No doubt.

Unsure why folks allow the theft to continue.   

Did I hear 900 servers?  Even with cheap 1Us we are talking 25 racks worth.    What does Burst want for a full rack? $1k each with 1Gbps?

$20k solid there per month, plus overages and other incurred costs.

Feasible to say $30k per month or more due to Burst and previously GoRack.

Me, I hope the leasing company gets the gear through repo and Burst sues for everything they can find asset wise.

I bet VD already has a new operating name and brand coming out.   The press is heavy on this one.  95k+ views on that WHT thread at last check.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
They broke their contract outright with GoRack, came in with a check and swapped out all their e3's with 1990's era P3's saying it was a hardware upgrade. Needless to say the check bounced.
And that folks is that federal felony for passing a big rubber check BurstNet alluded to :)

And, clearly Burst already knew about the switcharoo played on GoRack.  So when they saw the same thing happening, they put their feet down and stopped the event. :)

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Well they must profit? Josh I know has a macbook from looking at email headers with him and is driving round PA in a Porsche 911 and has been seen in Aston Martins and other sport cars.
Which means nothing. You can lease cars and use a credit card for everything else. You don't need money to have things, just enough for the down payment and "promise" to pay it back later. You can also avoid paying bills, which would raise your net profit on the "books".

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Which means nothing. You can lease cars and use a credit card for everything else. You don't need money to have things, just enough for the down payment and "promise" to pay it back later. You can also avoid paying bills, which would raise your net profit on the "books".
Typically, if someone isn't paying the business expenses on stuff like leased servers and datacenters they aren't paying on their sports cars either.

So glad I don't partake in in credit lines and interest bearing traps.   

Jack

Didn't think about that, was half asleep when I wrote that post.

Jeffrey

You guys that are sticking behind VD here are way off....

I say that, knowing some of the specifics behind both of the disasters from VD, including the amounts they abandoned and walked out on in past-due funds from GoRack

Also we have a great relationship with their Leasing Vendor. Like BurstNet we also frequently refer smaller hosts to them and help smaller colocation clients obtain financing to grow. A simple fact is leasing companies DO NOT want to take back hardware, often times before taking the actions of repossession they will contact a partner, such as ourselves (without disclosing the client in trouble) letting us know they will be taking back X,Y,Z would we be interested in taking the hardware. Within the last month, during a visit to our offices the leasing company let us know they had a significant client in the "north east" that was significantly behind and they were starting to take action. We had asked them to make an introduction as we may be interested in assuming the assets (with client approval) that client never followed up :)

Additionally, I know what things cost (the servers), space, power, network, etc.

There is no secret sauce here, you cannot over-subscribe physical assets or your financing... things have costs you cannot avoid. Their costs simply were greater than their incoming revenue. 

Their initial launch of the $49 E3 would have been great as a marketing promotion of a limited inventory to use as a loss leader to build brand identity. Unfortunately they carried that through as a standard product which is simply unsustainable.
I know where you are coming from.  My comment was only posted based on my past experience with BurstNET. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
So... I wasn't really paying too close of an attention after my last reply. I see VolumeDrive's website is up, and I see that VolumeDrive's IPs are now being announced and peers with InfoRelay. Anyone know what happened?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah VD lit back up and went offline then back online.

I stopped following the WHT thread during that time.

Just revisited the thread and it's like the helpless help desk.  Burst slow on support or none and VolumeDrive being their predictable selves and not so hot on support either.

InfoRelay, sure, that's the next facility VolumeDrive will defraud.  They are 2-for-2 so far (GoRack and Burst) on racking up the bills and sneaking out without paying.

Unsure why legitimate businesses don't resort to beating the owners ass.

At minimum they should be going after everything in his controls.  House, automobiles, merchant accounts, etc.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah they made their own datacenter, for the 3rd time. Duh
Has that been confirmed ? :)  Heard the Burst eye spy part and the trail to the local STD clinic where the new datacenter was located (which also is in a big time flood zone).

Looks like VD is single homed to InfoRelay.

So, clearly, that must mean VD is utilizing metro ethernet to connect to Inforelay.

Let's see, non datacenter quality, singled homed, lawsuits piling up, Cpanel and others no long directly available to customers, bunch of stop signs for those cheaping it out when considering a dedicated with Volumedrive.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Well they must profit? Josh I know has a macbook from looking at email headers with him and is driving round PA in a Porsche 911 and has been seen in Aston Martins and other sport cars.
It's easy to have profit when you never pay your vendors.

I could offer $10/y 2GB's if I used stolen equipment, never had to pay my datacenters or my guys, etc.

Francisco

Jack

It's easy to have profit when you never pay your vendors.

I could offer $10/y 2GB's if I used stolen equipment, never had to pay my datacenters or my guys, etc.

Francisco

Yup, I should think before posting sounds stupid now reading it back.

amuck-landowner