Where is the beer!
Alright looking if anyone can throw togethor a package

512meg kvm or xen 

50 gigs hdd 

2tb bw

whmcs

1 ip

RiotSecurity

Good luck. It'd be cheaper and easier for you to grab it and host it with someone like Eleven2 who gives free whmcs and dedicated ip.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
We have some of the cheapest whmcs license around. Take a look at my latest offer ;)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
You could cut down the costs by requesting OpenVZ instead.
Yeah...  But KVM provides a little more security than OpenVZ.  

vzctl enter <ctid> and bam.  The host is in to your WHMCS OpenVZ VPS.  

I love OpenVZ, but for WHMCS I'd recommend going with KVM and then encrypting it.  

Last edited by a moderator:

GVH-Jon

Banned
Xen Paravirtualization

50GB HDD

2TB Bandwidth

1 IPv4

Free WHMCS

$16

Please PM if interested :)

And this time, I'll make sure the email gets out to you.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You could cut down the costs by requesting OpenVZ instead.
Never never NEVER put confidential information on OpenVZ.  EVER.  Especially a system like WHMCS, where you not only have your own data at risk, but others are trusting you with THEIR information.  All placed into the hands of a company that, at the end of the day, you really have no idea whether or not they're going to rifle through your data, and you'd likely never know if they were.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
ColoCrossing is the only datacenter in Buffalo, NY as far as I know.
http://www.datacentermap.com/usa/new-york/buffalo/

Never never NEVER put confidential information on OpenVZ.  EVER.  Especially a system like WHMCS, where you not only have your own data at risk, but others are trusting you with THEIR information.  All placed into the hands of a company that, at the end of the day, you really have no idea whether or not they're going to rifle through your data, and you'd likely never know if they were.
Well said! I'm sorry I wouldn't even be trusting my WHMCS install with a lowend provider nor within a OpenVZ container, security & privacy come into play with your billing system and taking extra measure will help out in the long one.

Reseller Hosting + WHMCS? Sure the big brands may be offering you a deal on this,but its a shared environment with thousands of other people which could potentially access your private information. Its not hard locating WHMCS installs, or tracking down Readable directories in shared hosting. Its been a proven problem for years, locate config.php  ->  Gain MYSQL login -> Login -> Dump. It can honestly be that simple. Same methods and it repeats every damm year due to people neglecting there infrastructure or by cutting corners.

A Private, Stand alone box for your  billing cp could potentially save you thousands in the long run.

qps

Verified Provider
We can do it on Xen-PV or Xen-HVM.

XEN512

RAM - 512 MB

Swap - 1024 MB (1 GB)

Disk Space - 60 GB

Bandwidth - 2000 GB

Control Panel - SolusVM

Data Center - Atlanta, GA or Las Vegas, NV

$6.99/month

WHMCS Branded - $12.80

WHMCS Unbranded - $14.80

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Yeah...  But KVM provides a little more security than OpenVZ.  

vzctl enter <ctid> and bam.  The host is in to your WHMCS OpenVZ VPS.  

I love OpenVZ, but for WHMCS I'd recommend going with KVM and then encrypting it.  
Yeah and append single to the end of your boot line in KVM and the host is in a KVM.  Sure they have to reboot it, but it still comes down to if you trust your host or not.  Not how easy it is to get into the machine.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah and append single to the end of your boot line in KVM and the host is in a KVM.  Sure they have to reboot it, but it still comes down to if you trust your host or not.  Not how easy it is to get into the machine.
True. But still a marginally higher barrier to entry ;) If someone wants to have anything confidential on a VM they better trust the hoster.

mitgib

Verified Provider
Why bother, just make a snapshot of the LVM and boot the snap, or just mount it

amuck-landowner