amuck-landowner

VPSAce hacked, database stolen, encryption key for cards likely taken

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'm surprised nobody said anything about these...

bc4537ee5dd0cdcb8838c3bbb07c4686.png
Quite a target any DDoS firm would be.

I didn't mention it since that for sale payload isn't something I've gotten hold of.   Unsure what whoever has exactly.  

Reactions: scv

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
How good or bad was their security?
I can't say myself since I am uninvolved.  Just received the database.

I will say from my position the security at vpsAce is lacking.  They were hacked then their outage page was hacked.  I suspect their site and other assets are all backdoored.

The hash on disk was swiped too.   So, seems like full access scenario with maximum impact and victimization.

marlencrabapple

I'll keep it short and to the point here.

VPSAce.com was hacked.   Their WHMCS was victimized.   Their WHMCS database was stolen.  The on disk encryption key was swiped.

Their data is among a heap offered up on a hacking related website:

http://leak.sx/showthread.php?tid=188223
Am I the only one who's a bit suspicious why a hacking website wants to make me run their javascript just to view their site?

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Interesting post I wonder what version of whmcs was used. As they have released a few updates recently that fixed some major issues. This is another reason that all companies need to have people testing the software before using it and better security needs to get built in and around the servers that host the databases.

Naythan

Am I the only one who's a bit suspicious why a hacking website wants to make me run their javascript just to view their site?
Are you really that stupid?

We're a leaking site not a hacking site.

Also that Javascript is for CloudFlare to work and if you had a brain that is not the size of a peanut you would have known that.

Also, lol thanks for the free traffic I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I agree about the Javascript = insecure take over vector.  Slews of sites now requiring JS enabled or they won't load.   Of course Cloudflare is part of that plague.  But there are certainly the malicious out there serving you special payloads.

marlencrabapple

Also that Javascript is for CloudFlare to work and if you had a brain that is not the size of a peanut you would have known that.
Don't blame Cloudflare. Unless you're specifically using it to block users with javascript turned off it can function without it. Then again what do I know, I just use it on my own sites.

amuck-landowner