amuck-landowner

vpsBoard contest (1/3) Win a free CatalystHost VPS for a year!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So does the contest end on Thursday the 30th, or Friday the 31st? Looks like the date and the day are a bit mixed up :)
Crap. I mean the last day of May, so the 31st.

A few more hours then I will disable the referral system.

I won't have the results immediately, please give me some time as I'm going to have to manually tally all this up as per my previous posting.

jarland

The ocean is digital
I think I read that Ninja Hawk is going to give a free 8GB RAM VPS to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th place as well. So everyone wins!

SeriesN

Verified Provider
I think I read that Ninja Hawk is going to give a free 8GB RAM VPS to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th place as well. So everyone wins!
WHOAH!

Evil Jarland, trying to eliminate competition the most polite way possible.   Not that many! <3

How about 2 - 256MB vps, same spec as first but 250GB @100mbps. at dalals Tx for 2nd and 3rd place for a year?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
System is now disabled. I'll start counting up the referrals later, visiting family now.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
What if by disabling the plugin it also removes all of the database entries and therefore we lose the entire competition?

OH NOES!  *Insert Dramatic Music Here*

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
If that happens, just put me down for one or two hundred referrals, I'm pretty sure I brought that many in. Right?

What, you don't believe me?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
To my understanding we're still working on it.  Because our referral system didn't quite do it properly we now have to sort through 55 pages of logs of who invited who.

Safe to say.  It's not a fun time and it's going to take some time to get this taken care of.  Especially with Curtis switching jobs at the moment time is at a premium unfortunately.  Sorry about this guys, but we will get to the bottom of this!  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sorry, took way too long to get this sorted. Got put on the back burner and then forgotten about. I was even reminded last week and then got caught up in other things.

I have a list of the members who referred the most visitors to the site, but in order to see who referred the most members I've got to go through and check the IPs of visitors to any known IPs of members.

The people in the top 2 for referral of visitors have a difference of 2 visitors referred. So one may have referred more members than the other.

Sorry for the delay guys, didn't mean for this to take so long. :(

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just about done.

Got all the tallies of the top referrers and what members they actually referred. Now just got to manually go through the list and see which of these members are active and have actually made at least five posts. Fun fun.

Will have the results soon(ish).

Thanks for your patience!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
CONGRATS HostUS-Alexander, you're the winner! Out of the 55 members you referred, 14 of them had 5 or more posts in the time period of the contest.

The runner up was D. Strout who referred eleven members, though I did not count how many were active as the number of active members HostUS-Alexander referred was greater than the total number of members D. Strout referred.

Thank you everyone who participated. I do apologize once again for the long delay in getting this sorted out. Had to manually tally things up from referral logs, cross reference IP address of referred visitors to check to see if they match that of members, and then check to see if these members were active or not.

I'll send you a PM with details.

Congrats!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
The promotional VPS has been delivered!  Thanks to everyone who participated in this contest.  Stay tuned for more awesome contests!  

amuck-landowner