amuck-landowner

VPSBoard crosses 50k posts

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Congrats to the big cheese and the halfpie on the growth of the community and hard work!

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks guys, though we didn't really do anything. We just allow you to post. None of us can take credit for that. Thank yourselves.

hellogoodbye

Over 14000 members but only 22 left with more than 400 posts.

You should if you look at how little good content is added each week.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if six people make up more than 1/5 of those 50k comments. It's a fact that most members of any community tend to be lurkers; then you have those who are active for a while and lose interest, or those who sign up, never comment and then disappear. Sustained activity - even just among a few members - can actually go a long way in encouraging participation by others. 

Besides, I have yet to come across a single forum where half or even 1/10 of the content is what you would consider of quality, which is something that is extremely subjective in itself. Why hold this particular forum to such unreasonably high standards? You don't need to have good content to have a good forum.

EDIT: Before I forget: congrats on the milestone (both post count and upcoming anniversary)!

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Over 14000 members but only 22 left with more than 400 posts.

Yeah, and this is different than other communities how?  Most communities real and virtual are pulled by a small core group of power users.   Typically oh, 5-10%.

Oh yeah, we are short on one liners SMS style and the constant troll roll of 4GB VPS wanted for <$7.01

No one stopping anyone from adding new "good" content, have at it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Its too bad that only 15-20 members make up all the posts :rolleyes: :wub:
All? Isn't that a totally inclusive word....  I know English isn't your strong suit.

False....   Power users contribute disproportionately but like I said atypical in every community.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Its too bad that only 15-20 members make up all the posts :rolleyes: :wub:
I'm happy with the quality of the top posters here and where we are after less than 1 year. Comparing vpsBoard to other industry related forums, using tools such as archive.org has shown we're much better off in our first year than others, which has made this the fastest growing forum in this industry.

Every forum has their top posters, I can't complain or nitpick about ours. I'm happy to have them. Also happy to have all the other quality folks here who have shared their wisdom or have taken time to write awesome tutorials. Truly blessed to have a good group here. A few shitheads mixed in, too, but overall a good solid group. ;)

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Its too bad that only 15-20 members make up all the posts
15-20 members is only bad when you're talking about kiddie hosts/summer hosts/many 2GB/$7 hosts.

15-20 forum members = 15 individuals making all forum posts

15-20 "2GB/$7 provider" staff members = 1 individual with multiple aliases making all ticket posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
For me it simply doesn't matter.

I like "smaller" communities where you are able to - at least - know each member by name.

Do we have to create a spam pit with 100 posts per day to be "better"? Nope.

amuck-landowner