amuck-landowner

vpsBoard Mobile version

Ivan

Verified Provider
Hmm, seems odd, but browsing the full version on mobile is better IMO :) Works as it should.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hmm, seems odd, but browsing the full version on mobile is better IMO :) Works as it should.
This is the case.

Unsure why it broke. IPB staff mentioned disabling all hooks fixes it, but some of those hooks we need. The most recent one was a paid addon, for global sidebars, which is needed for ads but the addon should never have broken the mobile theme functionality. It doesn't touch it.

I've contacted the author of the addon to see if he'll take a look at it. Wasn't a free addon too, so I hope the $20 I spent will entitle to at least a quick look to see what would have caused this.

Ivan

Verified Provider
This is the case.

Unsure why it broke. IPB staff mentioned disabling all hooks fixes it, but some of those hooks we need. The most recent one was a paid addon, for global sidebars, which is needed for ads but the addon should never have broken the mobile theme functionality. It doesn't touch it.

I've contacted the author of the addon to see if he'll take a look at it. Wasn't a free addon too, so I hope the $20 I spent will entitle to at least a quick look to see what would have caused this.
Yeah, it might be because of a hook, but like you mentioned, it does not make any changes to the mobile theme. 

Do you know if this problem occurred before you added the global sidebars?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah, it might be because of a hook, but like you mentioned, it does not make any changes to the mobile theme. 

Do you know if this problem occurred before you added the global sidebars?
There was no problem before it.

clarity

Alright. I am glad to see that I am not the only person seeing this. I just thought something was wrong with my phone. I was able to get it to load the full site in my phone, but it is not as nice as the mobile theme for the small screen.

happel

500 internal server error is always bad.

And it's unfortunate, as I was also using the mobile template on the desktop ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

kunnu

Verified Provider
500 internal error show because of this forum is growing and required more resource ;)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
500 internal error show because of this forum is growing and required more resource ;)
It's actually chugging along quite well with only 2X 256MB KVM VPSes running it. Could actually have it on one KVM, but then be cutting it too close for comfort.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am using the full browser when I check.   Haven't ever been a fan of reduced mobile sites.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I  use the full version on my phone too, as the browser template was severely lacking anyway. Still waiting for an update from the developer of the sidebar mod to see if he can take a peak and figure out how that'd interfere with the mobile theme.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I prefer the mobile version on my iPhone. It's designed to fit the screen properly, which is very useful.

amuck-landowner