amuck-landowner

Vultr $2.50 instances

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Wasn't sure where to put this, just a heads up for anyone looking for one of Vultr's $2.50 instances. I was in there just now doing some backups and noticed they have instances available in New Jersey. Maybe other locations, I didn't check.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Yup, but not unreasonable though, for $5 I have one in NJ and another in the UK. Personally, I don't need more than 2, but for $5 it's great to have two test machines sitting around.

HostXNow

I wanted one in London they are but sold out. Will get one in NJ. But I think the OVH SSD range is just as good; better specs.

web-project

Verified Provider
London server hardware and collocation is more expensive, how many VMs need to sell or fit per server in order to make some money at $2.5 per VM.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
how many VMs need to sell or fit per server in order to make some money at $2.5 per VM.

A lot, however their intention it would appear is to use this to attract people, not as a permanent offer.

It'd be nice if they had some discounts on some larger storage vm's. They're network variety would be nice for offsite backup storage.

amuck-landowner