amuck-landowner

W1H-Lee Request Removal of Provider Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mun

Never Forget
http://vpsboard.com/topic/1329-website-proofreading-7/page-2#entry21918

The context of the post comes from above.

I am tired of the LET shit spewing over to this forum, and as such I am going to make an official request to have W1H-Lee's "Verified Provider" title removed. In his current case it is unbecoming of him to have such luxuries. If people are going to act like tards and try and harm other providers in hopes of garnering business then they SHOULDN'T be allowed to have special titles on this forum. I have done this in the past to shovenose as well, but I haven't tried to attack his business. I have tried to attack his personality and ego, in hopes he will realize he has something to work on. It is one thing to try correct someones unsatisfactory actions, yet a complete other to try and make his business suffer.

Mun

SkylarM

Verified Provider
At any rate there really should be a rule stating that if you apply and are accepted as a verified provider your signature has to indicate who you work for/what you own. Don't know how you can be a verified provider, not post any offers, and not directly have anything stating who you represent <-- that's the whole point of becoming verified isn't it? To represent a provider?

bizzard

Is it just because he don't have a signature mentioning the company or did I miss anything in the particular thread, which the moderators removed?

jarland

The ocean is digital
Sure you could enforce things like this, but you could also just close topics to cool people off by cutting off conversations, then let the rest work out as it will. If Lee is acting poorly and his business is at risk for it, he suffers the consequences. You have to remember that the other reader is equally as capable as yourself. The other reader sees what happens and makes their own judgements. The "provider" title is not a reward or a bonus status point here. It is simply to indicate context when a user posts. When I post with the "provider" tag you know that my post is in the context of a VPS provider. That is all.

Edit: I suppose it also stands to show that a person was verified to be who they say they are and represent a real business, but that is also not any type of reward. That is earned and no indication of positive status overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Here's a thought - why don't you get in touch with the moderators/admins if you want to effect something like this?

Posting a thread like this makes you absolutely no better than the "LET Shit" you supposedly despise. If you've got a problem with a post or a user, use the report button or PM one of us. Don't start a post about them.

So, I'm closing this thread. If you want to start a thread relating to what should and shouldn't be allowed by members with a certain user title then by all means, please start one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner