amuck-landowner

WebHostingTalk Worst of the Hosting Industry

Dillybob

Ok i understand, you don't know what you are talking. Great to let us know.
Let me know when you come back with a coherent argument that proves that drinking alcohol at a learning convection is a good idea. Thanks.

Other then that, I hold firm to my belief that alcohol and learning do not coincide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

Let me know when you come back with a coherent argument that proves that drinking alcohol at a learning convection is a good idea. Thanks.

Other then that, I hold firm to my belief that alcohol and learning do not coincide.
This is an event for adults, not for kids. In USA you might find that is normal at some work places the presence of alcohol. My guess is that the networking event is at the end, so  why not alcohol? The kind of people that go to these events have deep pockets. 

Let me guess? You can't afford anything related to WHT, right? So i guess that your only option is to go raging in the internet. Nice try.

Dillybob

This is an event for adults, not for kids. In USA you might find that is normal at some work places the presence of alcohol. My guess is that the networking event is at the end, so  why not alcohol? The kind of people that go to these events have deep pockets. 

Let me guess? You can't afford anything related to WHT, right? So i guess that your only option is to go raging in the internet. Nice try.
Who would want to afford anything related to WHT's fraudulent / deceptive forum badges? Not me and not Francisco and hundreds of others that don't have a corporate title. You don't need a WHT corporate title to be successful it's a sham.

Also, by your argument are you saying Wine is only used by people who have deep pockets? That's quite a over-generalization and very untrue. My grandma lives off her pensions and still drinks wine. (She still has to pay the mortgage of the house & utilities).

'The king of people that go these events have deep pockets'. 

Deep pockets of MONEY that is going towards a fraudulent subsidiary of Penton (WebhostingTalk).

KuJoe

Verified Provider
100% of professional conventions/conferences I have been to have alcohol during the networking portion. When you're old enough you are going to look back on your threads and laugh at how silly you look. It's OK though, we all do silly things when we're young and naive.

Dillybob

100% of professional conventions/conferences I have been to have alcohol during the networking portion. When you're old enough you are going to look back on your threads and laugh at how silly you look. It's OK though, we all do silly things when we're young and naive.
I'll never drink alcohol at school, or a learning environment like how the 2014 HostingCon promo video portrayed. Alcohol and learning don't coincide but I guess that flew past your head. If you are drinking alcohol at a professional convention you're not learning anything. It's a contradiction from what the promotional video said (showing the wine glass almost instantaneously right after they said 'learning environment', they couldn't be more wrong).

I find it hilarious u don't agree with this, oh well.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Actually, we do have a corporate membership, have for some time.  It's attached to my account, not Fran's, as I kept up with our offers postings.

For quite awhile, the extra posts brought in some decent traffic.  We haven't posted to WHT in some time (or anywhere, really, other than Fran waxing his carrot over the new sites >_>), so we'll see if its worth keeping once I have the posts rolling steady again.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
BAHAHAHAHA.  Ok, yeah, you do not know us at all then.  All of us at BuyVM over the years were pretty much completely self-taught, and Fran only seriously got worried whenever Anthony or I would be sober.
The biggest screwups from you guys always happened when people were sober.

You're more or less Bender.

Francisco

Dillybob

Actually, we do have a corporate membership, have for some time.  It's attached to my account, not Fran's, as I kept up with our offers postings.

For quite awhile, the extra posts brought in some decent traffic.  We haven't posted to WHT in some time (or anywhere, really, other than Fran waxing his carrot over the new sites >_>), so we'll see if its worth keeping once I have the posts rolling steady again.
When you say 'decent traffic', how good was the ROI? I'll be more than happy to delete my video if it's actually worth it... You would just have to measure between the 7 days to 3 day intervals as well.  I didn't know BuyVM had one though, always thought it was just Fran running the bus :p

KuJoe

Verified Provider
So being drunk is mandatory at HostingCon? Why do you assume only children are attending? Your self proclaimed weak will power should have no bearing on how others live their lives.

Dillybob

BAHAHAHAHA.  Ok, yeah, you do not know us at all then.  All of us at BuyVM over the years were pretty much completely self-taught, and Fran only seriously got worried whenever Anthony or I would be sober.
Oh no don't get me wrong. You guys can drink all you want and run a business however u want at your own discretion, im not judging that. I'm just saying when hostingCon advertises a convection that says 'learning environment with the best speakers of the hosting industry', then go right to a wine glass being passed around the table.. that is just immature and seems unprofessional and silly. If they were serious about learning or taking notes of a great speaker they wouldn't be drinking  the first place. I think you can agree with me on that atleast?  Unless, people take the best notes of their life and listen and REMEMBER everything when their drunk.. I highly doubt that.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
When you say 'decent traffic', how good was the ROI? I'll be more than happy to delete my video if it's actually worth it... You would just have to measure between the 7 days to 3 day intervals as well.  I didn't know BuyVM had one though, always thought it was just Fran running the bus :p
I used to handle sales posts but I've been simply too busy. Aldryic handled all sales posts last year.

So being drunk is mandatory at HostingCon? Why do you assume only children are attending? Your self proclaimed weak will power should have no bearing on how others love their lives.
Depends if punching some dudes wife is on your bucket list >_>

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
If they were serious about learning or taking notes of a great speaker they wouldn't be drinking  the first place. I think you can agree with me on that atleast?  Unless, people take the best notes of their life and listen and REMEMBER everything when their drunk.. I highly doubt that.
You should research the Ballmer Peak.

But on a more serious note - if you were old enough to drink socially (not getting shitfaced as some frat party - having dinner/drinks with friends or a working meeting at a pub), you'd know that people don't just have a few glasses of wine and suddenly go nuts.  Even Fran, who never drinks, could easily put back a few glasses of wine and not even be tipsy from it.  Stronger liquor?  I drink constantly, and unless you happened to see me drink or smell it on me you'd never know.

tl;dr - two drinks doesn't turn you into Animal House

Hxxx

Oh no don't get me wrong. You guys can drink all you want and run a business however u want at your own discretion, im not judging that. I'm just saying when hostingCon advertises a convection that says 'learning environment with the best speakers of the hosting industry', then go right to a wine glass being passed around the table.. that is just immature and seems unprofessional and silly. If they were serious about learning or taking notes of a great speaker they wouldn't be drinking  the first place. I think you can agree with me on that atleast?  Unless, people take the best notes of their life and listen and REMEMBER everything when their drunk.. I highly doubt that.
..ok NOP.

Man I'm telling you, is normal for people having beer, wine and such in a working or learning environment. I don' t see how this is so limiting to you. 

When you get enough responsibilities in your life , you will feel the pain, some people prefer to have some moderate alcohol to relax. Others just eat, other people prefer to sleep (yeah some work environments allow that).

host4go

Verified Provider
Calm down guys, Dillybob can't take the booze from you.

Dillybob does have a point at alcohol not playing well with learning, that's just a fact. 

But then Dillybob is missing the other objective of this conventions, which is networking. And for networking booze is always welcome :p

KuJoe

Verified Provider
If you get drunk at a convention (even ones without any educational panels) you will be removed.

If you get drunk off half a beer then don't drink before class if you want to learn anything.

If a stranger pressures you into doing something you don't want to do tell an adult.

amuck-landowner