amuck-landowner

Webmail client to read multiple accounts at once

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sorry to keep everyone waiting.

Where have you been?

('Nick','Phillips','Vortex Servers, LLC','nick@v*rt-xs*rv*rs.com','8--- East Howard St','','Manchester','Iowa','52057','US','716830----',''67.242.128.89','cpe-67-242-128-89.buffalo.res.rr.com')

vortexservers.com....  

Why does a fellow in Iowa with a related biz partner in Missouri have a Buffalo Road Runner IP?  Why does he want to 'fuck vpsboard'?

Choice A:  CC owns and operates that company.

Choice B: ?

What is this IP all about?  http://vpsboard.com/topic/1819-webmail-client-to-read-multiple-accounts-at-once/?p=35050

Rainloop website mail demo:

Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: RainLoop/1.3.1.444
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 01:14:22 +0000
Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: Quoted-Printable
Subject: fuck
X-Originating-IP: 67.242.128.89

<!DOCTYPE html><html dir=3D"ltr"><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" =
content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" /><head><body><div><div><div dir=
=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"mailso-body"><div><div>fuckvpsboard</div></div></d=
iv></div></div></div></body></html>

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What DB did that info come from?

Interesting nonetheless! I had forgotten about that little comment left in that demo. Good catch. Nick Phillips is likely just an alias. I don't really believe Buffalo is a diverse hub of web based entrepreneurs all operating different webhosting companies in the same industry.

Why would this 'Nick Phillips' fella hate vpsBoard? Sounds like one of the Buffalo boys using an alias. Or maybe he's just some stranger with a company I've never heard of that for some reason loves CC and hates vpsB. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scv

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't know why Nick has hate or someone else sharing his misplaced IP does.  

But I do know there is a VortexServers account on LET.   And I do know there is strange pattern of VortexServers and Biloh commenting in order on multiple threads back to back in the days prior to the Rainloop thing.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Guess it might be time to bump this thread for potential story time...

Might require a big drinking mug and plenty of popcorn...

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Guess it might be time to bump this thread for potential story time...

Might require a big drinking mug and plenty of popcorn...

Well the mystery "fuckvpsboard" sender isn't anyone from Clarence Center because the Time Warner Cable IPs in Clarence C. are 72.228.145.xx (e.g. 72.228.145.54 etc.)

bizzard

Tried playing with rainloop for a while today. The interface looks much better compared to Roundcube. But, it doesn't play well with the mail accounts configured under virtualmin(postfix), with the username.domain or similar login formats. Encountered many bugs as there isn't any option to translate the [email protected] to username.domain format internally, which roundcube does.

Only solution I figured out was to create a login alias like [email protected] in Virtualmin. Looking forward to report it or may be write a patch/plugin, since its in php.

I am still looking forward to try mailpile.is. The beta is out and the demo looks good. Haven't got much time to set it up in a system to explore more.

amuck-landowner