amuck-landowner

Welcome back folks

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sorry for the downtime. It seems after LET got hacked that someone turned their focus towards vpsBoard. Not to fear though, thanks to some quick help from Francisco we got back up and running in no time.

mnpeep

Verified Provider
Sorry for the downtime. It seems after LET got hacked that someone turned their focus towards vpsBoard. Not to fear though, thanks to some quick help from Francisco we got back up and running in no time.
Do we get customer credit for the downtime? 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Do we get customer credit for the downtime? 

Will you accept sense of community reunion to be acceptable credit?

That was stupid, so it looks like VPSBoard will be the new LET, lol.
It was never made with the intention of replacing LET, I started promoting it more as the unrest and the lies grew and grew there and as the LET community woke up, but this place was always meant to be a place to just discuss Virtual Servers in general. Big ones, small ones. Cheap ones, expensive ones.

But with LET out of the picture, the real owners exposed (Colocrossing) and the members being lied to for who knows how long, I'll happily accept all of you here.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Emails should be processing just fine now as of a bit ago.

I need to learn lighttpd rewrite rules so I can get those working :)

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Curtis, did you start vpsboard? 

Would've been neat if you used discourse.
Yes sir. How exactly do you mean?

I don't want another LET. Hopefully this community will not go crazy like LET did.

Was never intended to be a LET replacement, in all honesty, I thought that was what 96mb was trying to do, to maintain the 'low end' VPS aspect (small servers). vpsBoard is for talking about VPSes, and other fun related things. High end, low end, whatever.

Let's hope this goes better than LET did after the sale.

Rumour right now is LE* was sold almost a year ago.

Francisco
I was going to make a joke about how it was a shitty investment, but they got their money back I am sure from the ad funds and pumping providers that provide services on their network. So I don't think they lost too much if anything on their 'investment'.

Orien

It certainly does look neat however I'm not too sure how well it would scale. Looks like a clean version of Vanilla.
Well it's in the early stages, but I'm sure you've heard of Jeff. He founded Stack Exchange. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Hmmm, seems like I can't access vpsboard through an alternative IP. Anyways, glad it's back up! Now let us try to make this site a viable alternative to LET that is based in greater transparency and hopefully less drama.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I also, once more, want to thank Francisco for getting us back up and running so quickly. After LET went down, it seems some attacks were pointed at WHT and vpsBoard. He got us back up and running quickly. vpsBoard is proudly being hosted on a BuyVM KVM VPS! </plug>

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
Well it's in the early stages, but I'm sure you've heard of Jeff. He founded Stack Exchange. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
More awesomely Evil Trout - the guy who wrote forumwarz - is involved ;).

amuck-landowner