amuck-landowner

What are you listening to right now?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
In response to some life changes:

I love Tom Waits.   Often overlooked artist in larger society.

I found him via public radio decades ago and enjoyed shopping in a southern US town when vinyl was still pretty popular (at least the vintage and collectible type).

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
A friend of mine had the whole Tom Waits thing going on for a while. Put a fedora on the dude and it's pretty damn close. 

Funny thing, though. He sounds exactly like Joe Cocker.  

10366011_10203820023678473_3186556550337761325_n.jpg

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
My 2nd cousin Jimmy just turned 15.  His parents have always been heavy on the parental controls, up to around age 14 at least (I know).  Anyhow, I get the feeling he's finally started trying to troll for the forbidden fruit. Last week I had to show him how to kill Safe Eyes so he could do research. I wish he'd just ask me so I could at just give him a few of the safer ones and be done with it.... I figure he's only gotten to the Tumblr stage.  I remember being nervous the first time I looked.  Living with my parents/high school...and we had modems and Celerons... it's not like we could just kill that shit in 1/10th of a second like today. 

Anyway, the point is, tonight he posted this trash on my timeline and proclaimed with absolute certainty that "Poser Bitch Neon Hitch is hotter than Xtina" (verbatim).

I haven't heard from him since.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Australian top 50 play list on Spotify. 

Been switching around different countries playlists since it seems to give a different variety then the US lists. 

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
ah fuck it... the damn video isn't posting correctly.  nm.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
These videos are awesome. PBS Digital put out like 4 or more of them.  One for Mr. Rogers, one for Julia Childs,  I forget the others.  Quite good though.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I had no idea that it was possible to turn these two songs into something so mellow.  See Joyce Sims "Come Into My Life" if the sample hooks you in like it did me.

amuck-landowner