amuck-landowner

What are your favorite VPS related websites?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Figured it'd be nice to compile a list of all things VPS related and things that'd be relevant to the interest of those with VPSes (System admin blogs, Linux news stuff, etc). Please respond with additional links and I'll add them to this post. :)

I'll start:

• DailyServerDeals.com - For VPS and dedicated server deals! (shameless plug)
  • LowEndTalk.com - Despite them removing posts with vpsBoard links in it, they've got occasional alright content. I'll be the bigger man and allow a link to them. :)
  • LowEndBox.com - Not as good as it used to be, but alright for affordable, often oversold VPSes in typical locations. Occasional gem pops up here and there.
  • WebHostingTalk.com - The largest web-hosting industry forum. You probably already know about WHT.
  • Command Line Magic - One of my favorite Twitter accounts. Cool Unix/Linux Command Line tricks you can use in 140 characters or less.
  • Reddit.com/r/sysadmin - General system admin articles, news and discussion
  • Reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport - Comical and painstaking tales from tech support workers (all industries)
  • Reddit.com/r/cablefail - Will make you cringe.
  • LowEndGuide.com - Forget who owns this site, but it has some good content.
  • Raymii - Lots of VPS tutorials and guides!
  • cyberciti.biz - Linux Tips and Tutorials (desktop and server)
  • Linode Library - Great resource of tutorials. I actually use this often.
  • Digital Ocean KB - Another excellent source of tutorials for VPS items.
  • GeekaHost - VPS hosting reviews

Add some more :)

Last edited by a moderator:

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Of the top of my head:

• vpsBoard
  • HowtoForge (plus their forums)
  • The DigitalOcean Help & Community (contains helpful how-to's, et cetera)
  • Government Security (somewhat dead these days, but used to be a good resource for security related topics)
  • LET
But there's so much more.

amuck-landowner