amuck-landowner

What browser are you using?

stim

I just started to use Vivaldi.

https://vivaldi.com/

It's chromium-based, so initially not a million miles from current Opera.

However it is shaping-up to be very nice. I find it a tad slower than Opera/Firefox, but this should be improved. Still a long way to go, but worth a look (and functioning perfectly here). Check it out...

Last edited by a moderator:

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
I can't remember, but isn't there a browser that doesn't allow any file downloading, blocks javascript by default? I can't remember the name, trying to find out what it is called.

But besides that, I use Google Chrome.

clarity

I use Chrome 99% of the time. The other times I am checking things in Firefox. It is easier to use a squid proxy with that browser in my opinion.

Mayday

I was using just Chrome until they thought it was a smart idea to block certain downloads and not allow you to choose for yourself, that pissed me off. So now I use a mix of FF, and Opera.

nixstats

I was using just Chrome until they thought it was a smart idea to block certain downloads and not allow you to choose for yourself, that pissed me off. So now I use a mix of FF, and Opera.
I'm using Chrome, never seen any downloads that are blocked by chrome?

k0nsl

Bad Goy
I'm sad to say, but unfortunately for the most part I'm using Chrome. Firefox for certain things. And occasionally Sleipnir.

Mayday

I'm using Chrome, never seen any downloads that are blocked by chrome?
@nixstats

I don't remember what exactly I was trying to download that Chrome was blocking, but it happened to me 2-3 times in a week and it pissed me off enough to make me stop using it. From my understanding is if it is a file that Chrome does not know, thinks is malware or fits a few other criteria than it blocks it and you cannot get around it, at least i could not figure out how.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I just started to use Vivaldi.

https://vivaldi.com/

It's chromium-based, so initially not a million miles from current Opera.

However it is shaping-up to be very nice. I find it a tad slower than Opera/Firefox, but this should be improved. Still a long way to go, but worth a look (and functioning perfectly here). Check it out...
and it was started by the founder of Opera :)

joepie91

@nixstats

I don't remember what exactly I was trying to download that Chrome was blocking, but it happened to me 2-3 times in a week and it pissed me off enough to make me stop using it. From my understanding is if it is a file that Chrome does not know, thinks is malware or fits a few other criteria than it blocks it and you cannot get around it, at least i could not figure out how.
If Chrome blocks it as malware, it is almost certainly malware. It uses data from Safe Browsing. Most likely, the thing you were trying to download contained bundled crapware.

tk-hassan

I am using Firefox and Chrome. Mostly use Firefox while I am working and use Chrome when I just need to do browsing.

souen

Currently using Firefox, Pale Moon (Firefox-based browser) and Midori. Midori is light and coming along well, I'd use it more if it had more granular cookie/cache settings.

Used to like Opera until the browser engine switch, before that it had a light memory footprint in Windows, was fast and had a lot of good features. Not sure if I can trust Chromium-based browsers. Tried Vivaldi, which has a nice UI (the online services reminded me of the old my.opera), but I've probably gotten too used to open-source browsers to go back.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I hate Chrome.   All these random processes.  Various hard lock ups and crashes.   Leaks memory like the Titantic did water.  Piece of garbage.  Yeah I use it, but want it gone.

Opera has lingered /  seemingly abandoned.  Sadly.

Vivaldi I am trying now.  Opera fans of old should like it.   Looking forward to more docs, internal tweaks, plugin support, etc.  But I am brand new with it.

Using Midori also.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sadly Vivaldi for me is constant whale-failing.  They have a crashed/broken screen when things go wrong that is a Whale graphic.

Hopefully, they get some updates shipped soon.

MightWeb

Verified Provider
Chrome is irreplacable for me. No browser I've tried has had a better AdBlock-plugin than the actual AdBlock available in Chrome - being the one reason I can't switch away.

jacobg830

I often use Chromium these days over Firefox due to it's reliability.

I'm probably just using a bad mix of Firefox addons to make it crash though!

amuck-landowner