amuck-landowner

What else does everyone do?

DearLeaderJohn

Not sure if this type of thread has been posted before so please merge/delete if so.

I think it'd be interesting to see what occupations members of a hosting forum have. I'll begin:

I'm currently a student but I also work part time in retail in the 9th biggest shopping centre in the UK (a bit of googling might help you work out which one). Maybe I'm an odd person but I actually enjoy working in retail, I like the face-to-face interaction.

Onra Host

Verified Provider
I actually own a few different businesses. To start I have my web hosting company and a web design contracting firm. Then I run a database management firm for some clinics and law firms..easy peasy work ;) I also run a Lawn Landscaping service as well.

In short I do a whole lot lol

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Sorry, more aimed towards the non-providers here but also I'd have thought that a few providers would have something else on the side!
Well to be fair, I have three other things...though not on the side. More like just as important/quarter-primary lol

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
What else does everyone do?
That information is classified, but I could get hit by a bus and nobody at the company I own 25% of would even notice that my brains were splattered all over the pavement.  Since I'm completely replaceable and unloved by employees and customers alike, I try to spend as much time as possible at the beach during the summer with my cellphone conveniently turned off.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am a marketing / PR person - specializing in writing copy for technical companies (press releases, content for web, etc.).  I do other forms of writing and research, including terms, employment agreements, privacy docs, etc.

In my free time I help manage 50-60 employees in the telecom industry.

clarity

I work in sales forecasting. I manage a $2.5B forecast across 20,000 items and 300 locations. I have no ties to a VPS company. I just like them!

AuroraZero

I used to have a career that took me places and I have seen many things. Now I am just watching the world go by from my chair and hospital beds.

I have no affiliation with any hosting companies, nor do I particularly want any. I do have some ideas that may be of some use to this industry if I can just code them now. Other then that I am just waiting and watching the posts go by me.

So much to code and figure out and so little time do it anymore...........

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I spend equal parts of my day running SD and being the only server technician in a freshly built, private data center for a multi-billion dollar financial company. My work-life is full of excitement. :)

RobertM

I work at a popular business that doesn't relate to anything online, and help out with lawn care/mechanical work here and there.

Of course I assist with hosting etc.

amuck-landowner