amuck-landowner

what happened to hoster sonwebhost.com and how to restore

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Hi I very sorry for the outage which lasted 3 days and will try my very best not to disappoint my customers again. I am sending each customer a Free Martini Lunch via email hope your still on my mailing list. 
Best way to not disappoint your customers again is stop offering hosting.  And that is a serious comment.

Honestly I really don't know why I am blaming you.  It's the people that sign up with you that are to blame.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Except for those of us that were drinking before we were old enough to breed <_<

Proper heating was morbidly expensive growing up.  Potato-distilled vodka was more common than water.

prost

Outage started Friday 15.07.2013 at ~morning and was restored in Monday deep night (+2 GMT).
Phone and Skype was not available, websites and emails was down, hoster's website -- the same. No ability to make fresh back-up. SEO positions was rapidly falling down. No hope or at least information if Mark is at least alive. 
Sad feeling that COMPANY that I was working with faked me: it is only one person indeed.

After waiting 3 days until Sunday's end, I decided to move to another hoster's server and to create websites there from my old back-ups.
When it was almost done, deep night at Monday, website became working so I rashed to make fresh copies of cPnael accounts.

No explanation or apologies that time. But I was very glad that it is at least working.
Of course, about martini I heard here at first -- but it does not matter -- I never drink alcohol because of my Christian vision. And I'm living in Europe, too far from Cuba. And I got too much problems with customers and SEO-positions and my time waste on restoring to be bought for $50 martini.

at Thursday, 25 July 2013 I got reply to my yelling that donwtimes days (just ~10 days later):

[18:12:45] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: sites are running

[18:16:12] Me: really?

[18:16:17] Me: so soon

[18:17:23] Me: I had already moved from you to another company

[18:18:31] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: ok was down over the weekend back on Monday

[18:18:40] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: where your hosting now

[18:20:11] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: Nameserver records returned by the parent servers are:

ns1.sonwebhost.com.   ['198.57.157.15']   [TTL=172800] 

ns2.sonwebhost.com.   ['198.57.157.16']   [TTL=172800] 

d.gtld-servers.net was kind enough to give us that information.

[18:22:52] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: Yes my laptop crashed and all my key info was on it so I was kinda out of the mix for a moment

[18:23:33] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: just rebuild everthing on two desktops so it would not happen again

[18:23:49] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: hey how is life in Ukraine

[18:24:01] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: did you get a look at your post at vps

[18:26:04] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: http://vpsboard.com/topic/1184-what-happened-to-hoster-sonwebhostcom-and-how-to-restore/

[18:38:33] Me: would you like me to post your explanation there?

[18:43:19] SonWebHosting_Mark  Grannum: you post what you feel Eugene I am a good person so I enjoy everthing I do I am humble meaing I konw my limits and I thank you for hosting with my small company enjoy your day

[18:44:54] me: ok

amuck-landowner