amuck-landowner

What happened to the crissic website?

Ricky Spanish

Last edited by a moderator:

zzrok

Everything is out of stock too.  This is interesting.  Maybe @SkylarM will tell us what's up.

Hello,  Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet.

QuadraNet has decided to keep inventory "out of stock" and will no longer be accepting new customers or additional orders via the Crissic brand. We ask that current customers who are interested in purchasing additional services check out https://www.quadranet.com/cloud/ and https://www.quadranet.com/

Alternatively, if customers are interested in consolidating multiple VPS into one dedicated server, QuadraNet can certainly assist with providing a competitive quote! Please e-mail [email protected]

Thank You!

Dustin Cisneros

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Terrible deal for customers.

Why take a brand with a good name, good search inbound, decent rep and use it to push overpriced nonsense cloud?  Did I mention I have a strong dislike for bullshit cloud?

$5.81 a month for Quadranet's InfraBlue VPS (15GB of disk and 1000GB of BW)

vs.

$10-15 a YEAR Crissic 512MB plan (100GB of disk and 2048GB of BW)

That's $69.72 Quadranet a year vs. $10-15 Crissic.

That's 6x more disk and 2x more bandwidth on the Crissic plan for less than 25% of the cost per year.

Put me in the line with the folks saying this is all just to free up the IPs and fuck the customers.  

sleddog

Terrible deal for customers.

Why take a brand with a good name, good search inbound, decent rep and use it to push overpriced nonsense cloud?  Did I mention I have a strong dislike for bullshit cloud?

$5.81 a month for Quadranet's InfraBlue VPS (15GB of disk and 1000GB of BW)

vs.

$10-15 a YEAR Crissic 512MB plan (100GB of disk and 2048GB of BW)

That's $69.72 Quadranet a year vs. $10-15 Crissic.

That's 6x more disk and 2x more bandwidth on the Crissic plan for less than 25% of the cost per year.

Put me in the line with the folks saying this is all just to free up the IPs and fuck the customers.  

Crissic is seriously oversold, some servers to the point of frustration. I had a 1 GB OVZ there and eventually just cancelled it. Support was useless, would go through the motions of "fixing" it and achieve nothing.

I have no idea what Quadranet is like. But they can only be better.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Crissic is seriously oversold, some servers to the point of frustration. I had a 1 GB OVZ there and eventually just cancelled it. Support was useless, would go through the motions of "fixing" it and achieve nothing.

Amazes me that such a large brand had such good reputation that barely anyone mentioned the real server issues and support 'uselessness'.   Not much negative all this time.  Little bit on offers on LEB, but minor compared to the sheer size of Crissic (based on IPs and other indicators).

Customers need to be more vocal about companies so other buyers are informed.  Buyers unite and communicate and good companies would thrive and lazy idiots would go out of business quickly.  Not saying anyone was a lazy idiot on this one, but lots of brands linger in good favor wrongly.

Amitz

My experience with Crissic wasn't the best too. Sluggish server and indeed quite useless support. I never understood the good ratings they had.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

I haven't heard any complaints but I'm not a fan of OnApp, especially when Quadranet prices it at a premium to other west coast hourly KVM (Vultr, DigitalOcean) or real cloud (Nephoscale, OpenStack/NephOS, about $4/512MB with a membership plan) alternatives. 

Question:  anyone want to take bets on how long it will be before the Jacksonville customers are migrated (probably to Miami or Dallas)?

sleddog

Amazes me that such a large brand had such good reputation that barely anyone mentioned the real server issues and support 'uselessness'.  
It's lowend marketing done right. Position yourself as the cool guy who's doing everything to deliver awesome service at rock-bottom prices. Be everyone's best buddy. Be publicly vocal: got an issue? Hey I'm right on it! Skylar did it well and built a fan base.

XiNiX

Verified Provider
Everything is out of stock too.  This is interesting.  Maybe @SkylarM will tell us what's up.

Well, as per LET , QuadraNet has suspended all sales of crissic products till further notice.

amuck-landowner