amuck-landowner

What is size of your Monitor?

wdq

Quade
I picked up a 27" 2560x1440 Qnix monitor about a month ago. I have been loving the resolution bump. Before I had 3x 20" 1600x900 monitors.

My current setup is a 27" 2560x1440 monitor in the middle, and two vertical 1440x900 20" monitors (one on either side of the big monitor.) The total resolution is 4360x1440. 

A lot of applications don't work well on the vertical monitors, but they are useful for something like an FTP client, SSH client, chat programs, reading documentation, displaying additional toolbars in programs, and showing code. 

I may end up getting another monitor to put above the 2560x1440 monitor in the middle, but I'm fine with my current setup so I'm waiting. 

shawn_ky

Single 19" LCD with a green line going thru it at times on a desktop... mostly use my laptop with a 17" screen...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So what is the cause of these various, like above random steady colored lines?   

I have one monitor that started doing that and it was mega low use and babied.

Some common issue like poor assembly and seating of ribbon connector(s) or is this the liquid crystal itself going bonkers?

shawn_ky

I've been too lazy over the last few years to actually find out... It's kind of funny, I can press in on the bezel at the top of the start of the line and it goes away for awhile.   Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it as it only happens ever so often but at least daily...  Laptop gets more use for me anyhow.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
@buffalooed - It's generally the LCD Panel itself. Some are fragile as heck and will break from just sitting on a desk and the desk getting a small bump. My old laptop (Dell) developed a line when I set a book down next to it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@buffalooed - It's generally the LCD Panel itself. Some are fragile as heck and will break from just sitting on a desk and the desk getting a small bump. My old laptop (Dell) developed a line when I set a book down next to it.
Wow!  A book on the desk and blam.  

I have had two bad experiences with Samsung brand monitors bought new failing with the line issue.   I am a work area freak about bumps and bangs, so very stumped

Giving HP a try now with their IPS lower cost models.  About do my unboxing :)

Timely topic since was/am in the market for monitors, albeit at reasonable, ehh low cost.

kunnu

Verified Provider
So 19, 21, 22 size is good for eyes or 24?

Do you recommended any good monitor? (Company + Size + Features)

pcan

So what is the cause of these various, like above random steady colored lines?   
It is a faulty row driver chip or a bad bonding between one of the row buffer chips and the LCD ribbon connector (the internal ribbon, not the one that connects the panel to the monitor or PC mainboard). A temporary fix is possible: open the panel and apply pressure over the folding section of the ribbon connector. Temporary adhesive such as 3M blue-tack could be useful. If the bonding is still partially working, simply press over the edge of the panel. The only permanent solution is the replacement of the LCD panel.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
I've got a single 23" Acer at 1920 x 1080. I also have a 22" Acer which runs at 1680 x 1050, but I am not using that right now.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Running two HP 23xi's.  1920x1080 each.  Purely for doing desk work and light graphic editing.  I am not a gamer, so very sufficient.

Entirely different display technology.  My old eyes still are still adjusting to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

clarity

At work, I have 3 22" monitors. Two that are my personal ones: Acer x223w and a Dell that they bought me.

At home, I have a Samsung t260. It really just sits there. I don't use it much.

amuck-landowner