amuck-landowner

What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Steven F

Verified Provider
Since my coffee thread was such a success, and the fact that half of you are apparently alcoholic :p, I thought I'd try again.

I'm a very simple man. I love a nice rum and coke on the rocks. I also don't mind some nice scotch. So, how do you take your drinks? (inb4 "shaken not stirred")

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I'll have a glass of whiskey with dinner - I don't mix my drinks though, just straight Jack Daniels. Gentleman Jack is starting to grow on me, though. Black Label for scotch, Ridgemont Reserve for bourbon. I don't drink much vodka anymore, but I prefer Absolut or Столичная.

Or, when I'm feeling adventurous -

captainplanet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
When I drink something with alcohol it's usually beer.

When having beer with a meal I prefer hobgoblin, old speckled hen, beer that actually taste something :). On a hot summers day it's more like singha, carlsberg or budweiser.

From time to time I enjoy a real single malt. Blended is okay but i have mostly single malt at home.

Since I like them smokey the best ones are Caol Ila, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and the likes.

But I also enjoy the occasional Tomatin, glengoyne.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
sDImdB1.jpg

My kitchen is a bit of a mess. I also have a couple room mates, so not all of this is from me and duplicate bottles (except wine, for some reason) don't get put up there.

If I'm buying something for ME, and only me, I'll get some nicer things. A bottle of Chimay Ale for beer, a bottle of Makers Mark for whiskey. If I'm drinking cheap (like 90% of the time) then it's Rolling Rock for beer. maybe a 40oz of King Cobra, cheap wine from Wal-Mart, or things like Canadian Mist, Very Old Barton, Admiral Nelson, etc. Though there is beer that I will not drink. Things like Hamms, Natural Ice, etc. I won't go that cheap. I just can't stand that stuff. But I do enjoy malt liquor, considering the first time I ever got drunk was with Mickeys. I still like Mickeys, cheap and good.

Cheap liquours usually get paired with soda. If it's decent liquour (like Makers Mark or Crown Royal), I'll just drink it on the rocks and not dilute it with anything else.

I used to hate Vodka, still kind of do. Then the room mate and I went through a short vodka phase but stopped because we learned we were beginning to like vodka. Clear liquor (except gin) does me no good. I love gin. Mmm, gin. 

Steven F

Verified Provider
Fixed that for ya. In fact, I think we're already lining up a drinking contest between BuyVM and Catalyst :3
Hmm... Your idea does sound more fun... and my liver has been kind of a jerk lately... Okay, vpsBoard drinking contest it is!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Fixed that for ya. In fact, I think we're already lining up a drinking contest between BuyVM and Catalyst :3
We could have one via Google Hangout...

Or a drinking coding contest.

Spend 2 hours in a hangout chit-chatting / drinking then set everyone loose on a coding project to implement into a production environment?

"Guys... GUYS! I got it to work! It says, "Hello World!" HAHAHA"

amuck-landowner