amuck-landowner

What to do with my High End VPS?

badsha

Hi, Guys. I have a VPS and I don't use it much.

So, can anyone tell me what Can I do with my VPS. (Already searched Google, tell me something new instead of hosting websites, servers etc).

So, can anyone tell me some good methods from which I can make some money.

P.S: If any of you want, I can lend my VPS for a decent price aswell.

VPS Specifications:

6 core

12GB ram (Can be extended to 16GB)

80GB HDD (Can be extended to 150GB)

1Gb/s connection

Regards

Badsha

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Well....

I know this is surprising, but most people purchase a VPS with a purpose already in mind.

Let it expire, save the money you get from owning the VPS and put it to other use, such as food or whatnot.

There's no easy "set a VPS up and make money" thing except for some shady stuff.

Serveo

Verified Provider
Do you have contract obligations? If not expire it. If you do, you might do some things like:

- Bitcoin mining;

- Shared hosting;

- Game server;

- Sending (legal) e-mails for 3rd parties;

- Owncloud (Similar Dropbox);

- VPN/Proxy;

- Satbox;

- Voip server;

Etc etc :).

badsha

Yeah, I like the idea but how can I do the following:

- Bitcoin mining;
- Sending (legal) e-mails for 3rd parties;
- Owncloud (Similar Dropbox);
- VPN/Proxy;
- Satbox;
- Voip server;

badsha

What's TOR Exit mate. I would like to know about it.

and If anyone else is interested in buying that VPS from me, they are most welcome.

tonyg

What's TOR Exit mate. I would like to know about it.

and If anyone else is interested in buying that VPS from me, they are most welcome.
That response was tongue-in-cheek.

Don't run a TOR exit node unless you know what your doing and the implications of it.

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
That response was tongue-in-cheek.

Don't run a TOR exit node unless you know what your doing and the implications of it.
I did some searching for TOR exit nodes, found one that actually logs it's traffic publically.

http://46.28.202.81/vnstat/

Back to the topic, you could run a server on it? Teamspeak or some other voice server might serve a good purpose.

badsha

Ohk, Thank you everyone for your valuable comments.

I don't know, how to setup all this.

Can anyone link me to a suitable turorial, that explains how to setup a server on VPS. :)

TurnkeyInternet

Verified Provider
Hi, Guys. I have a VPS and I don't use it much.

So, can anyone tell me what Can I do with my VPS. (Already searched Google, tell me something new instead of hosting websites, servers etc).

So, can anyone tell me some good methods from which I can make some money.
The #1 way you will make money on this, is to cancel it and just pocket what you were spending if you don't need the high end VPS.  It's a guarantee, no fuss, in your pocket cash.

All the things like bitcoin mining, or data processing etc, wont ever outpace what you pay a cloud provider for a vps to break even or make a profit.

badsha

Oh my god, I joined this Forum because I thought I will learn new things, but you guys are raging me.

And I did Google search but I'm getting same things like Host website, Servers etc. nothing new.

Anyways, Thanks.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh my god, I joined this Forum because I thought I will learn new things, but you guys are raging me.

And I did Google search but I'm getting same things like Host website, Servers etc. nothing new.

Anyways, Thanks.
Seriously, you are welcome to be around here and all...  Glad to have you on board.

Just expecting a bit from folks to tell you what to do and all.

Making money is something few do with VPS unless they've developed something substantial as a niche or product offering.   Develop something or get some clarity on what you intend to do so someone can point you to a How-to.

haloelite3

Yeah,

Why did you get he VPS In the first bit if you are unsure what to use it for?

Was you given it or won it or something?

amuck-landowner