amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Decided to necro this thread... because I was in the mood for cooking today so I want to show off :p

So, lunch was seared Scottish king scallops:

1554515_10154104105330316_1104533291321110523_n.jpg

And for dinner I made a small fish platter with smoked salmon and my own sea-bass sashimi!

10313209_10154104688165316_2379592284982689400_n.jpg

I was AMAZING. That is all.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Pretty food @MartinD :) Glad to see this thread resurrected.

Tis the season in the northern hemisphere for fresh foods, finally.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Got my cooking mojo back.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Damn, and I had left over pizza for two meals today...
That has to stop.  Exception is some non gluten infested homemade stuff... heck homemade fresh gluten infested is alright...  big health increase over the freezer section stuff and the delivery crapola.

I need to take a road trip to my old haunts to get some proper wood fired and/or coal fired pizza.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Decided to necro this thread... because I was in the mood for cooking today so I want to show off :p

So, lunch was seared Scottish king scallops:

1554515_10154104105330316_1104533291321110523_n.jpg

And for dinner I made a small fish platter with smoked salmon and my own sea-bass sashimi!

10313209_10154104688165316_2379592284982689400_n.jpg

I was AMAZING. That is all.
The hell

since when did you start taking awesome pictures of your awesome food.

I hate you and your food.  I HOPE YOU ENJOY THAT

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Uhk89Og.jpg

Two slices of Applewood smoked bacon, spicy breakfast sausage, 3 eggs, a bit of shredded Mexican cheese and a couple teaspoons of salsa.

Boom.

I'm no @Martin-D in the kitchen but I won't starve. Got some Tilapia and pork chops in the freezer I need to thaw out. Maybe I'll try to make some fancy fish or pork chops this coming week.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'm not worried about presentation. It's easier to just mix it all together than cook a few slices of bacon, remove from pan... then cook some sausage... remove from pan. Then fry some eggs, and assemble it all neatly on a plate with a piece of cilantro resting on top of two tablespoons of salsa. :)

I cut the bacon up, and begin to fry it about halfway, move it to the sides of the pans so it's not as hot, fry the sausage in the center. Then when it's about done I move the bacon back to the center and finish that, then crack eggs on top of it all. Turn the heat off. Throw some cheese in it, put the cover on. (Wash a plate... lol) Then before scooping it out, I mix in a bit of salsa. Then eat.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Uhk89Og.jpg

Two slices of Applewood smoked bacon, spicy breakfast sausage, 3 eggs, a bit of shredded Mexican cheese and a couple teaspoons of salsa.
Works for me.  You should be downing oh 3-6 eggs a day to stay healthy and sane.   You brain likes eggs.

Bacon, meh, pork is scary stuff.  Not recommending the fake bacon or anything.  

Tis the season for making friends with a local farmer that raises stuff right / clean.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Works for me.  You should be downing oh 3-6 eggs a day to stay healthy and sane.   You brain likes eggs.

Bacon, meh, pork is scary stuff.  Not recommending the fake bacon or anything.  

Tis the season for making friends with a local farmer that raises stuff right / clean.
On the bright side, it was a carb-free and no/low-sugar meal. I eat a ton of eggs as is, they're easy and simple to make, though because I stopped buying bread and tortillas a few months ago I'm starting to get tired of them as I only eat them as shown above. Sometimes I get fancy and put other things in them, like onions and peppers. But before I'd eat a lot of breakfast burritos and egg sandwiches too, just because they're easy/quick/simple to make with a quick/easy/simple clean-up afterwards.

May start hardboiling them and eating them on salads or just hardboiled raw. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Non fried eggs, ideally poached are about the best method of making eggs for human nutrition.

Unsure about hard boiled, but I make them here.

I need to get a comparison on nutrition of the various egg  types.  For instance, here I have egg layers which are ducks.  They tend to be larger layers and somewhat different than chickens many eat eggs from.

Carbs are just meh, unless you are havesting them while hiking in the forest, carbs have no real place in your diet.  Most notorious carbs are fruits easily pruned from trees while hiking --- but who consumes them that way?  I usually pack some apples and/or pears when going cycling.  Can pedal along while munching with the other hand.

Really looking forward to fresh foods this summer.

Just harvested my first batch (small) of spearmint, which I convert into a hot tea.  Also harvested green onions, which I convert into a semi-spicey soup that does wonders for congestion and seasonal allergies.

amuck-landowner