amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Jimmy John's kinda sounds like a good plan for today.  It's cool, raining off and on, I locked my keys in my car.  Going to have to improvise today.  So glad my wife's office is 5 blocks from mine.

Time4VPS

Verified Provider
As usual - 2 Cepelinai. It's a Lithuanian national dish. They are a type of dumpling made from grated and riced potatoes and usually stuffed with minced meat, although sometimes dry cottage cheese (curd) or mushrooms are used instead.

Have a good Lunch everybody! Į sveikatą!

AuroraZero

I had left over Spanish Rice, that's rice with hamburger, and tomato juice, chopped onions, chopped peppers, some cumin for spice. Usually have it a couple times a month. The wife and I like it pretty well.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I had left over Spanish Rice, that's rice with hamburger, and tomato juice, chopped onions, chopped peppers, some cumin for spice. Usually have it a couple times a month. The wife and I like it pretty well.

That's possibly the least 'Spanish' thing I've heard of.

Last edited by a moderator:

AuroraZero

That's possibly the least 'Spanish' thing I've heard of.
I know but that is all I have ever heard it called. It is funny how these things work out.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Pretty much what Spanish rice is here in the States.  Folks put egg yoke in it as well.  Maybe some fresh green spice too... Maybe cilantro.

It's more of a Mexican inspired dish than Spanish I'd guess.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I had sliced potatoes, carrots and peas, some 'meat patty', and dry cole slaw with two slices of bread and a slice of 'cake'...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I hate you all.

I miss good mexican food and American food.  Damn do I miss good burgers.  

But you're in Korea and have the best BBQ available to you. Gosh I love me some Korean BBQ. Send me some, somehow. (I really wish I could open a package delivered via UPS and have a plate of steaming hot and fresh food... one day. One day.)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
But you're in Korea and have the best BBQ available to you. Gosh I love me some Korean BBQ. Send me some, somehow. (I really wish I could open a package delivered via UPS and have a plate of steaming hot and fresh food... one day. One day.)

Haha true that.  However I'd still prefer to be back in the States rather than here in Korea.

One day mate.  I'm going to be back in the States and living my life of good burgers and Texas BBQ.  

HostHoney

I have come to notice that most food in the us has little or no taste. I have watched countless documentaries on GMO foods and how crops as well as animals are treated It is absolutely crazy. The US Sucks with how their food is created. I have a small herb garden and a few fruits and vegetables and comparing the taste of my home grown produce compared to produce bought at a grocery store the taste is so much better.

Reactions: RLT

RLT

All the fruits and veggies in the grocery stores are picked green so that they will ripen in transit. This loses all of the extra flavors that come from natural ripening.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Typical British me:

z7cq9fmk.jpg

Hahaha.  Pot Noodle.  That's news to me.  Chicken and Mushroom too eh?  Fancy...

I always did enjoy some instant ramen though.  That looks like wannabe pasta though. 

Personally...  I get why some people argue that GMOs are bad.  However, it's because of GMOs and our capacity (as an intelligent species) to increase the output of food for our society.  Like it's with GMO we don't have starving people in the street, or that food prices are low (well debatable, but lower than it would be without GMO).  In addition, it's with GMO that enough of our crops are able to survive to feed you.  Now GMO isn't my field of specialty, but it holds an important part in our life and our world that immediately dismissing it as a terrible thing isn't something we should do in my opinion.  Although I do get that some people might argue the flavoring is a little worse or something's a little off, but meh to each their own.  

Animal cruelty and all that stuff is in its own sense, but that's my opinion on GMO.  I think GMO was the solution to food quantity problem we had in the world, and now that we are all comfortable (well comfortable enough that it's no longer a pressing issue) we need to look into the food quality issue.  But that should be solved in due time. Remember, its scientists who are working on the problem.  Probably not a farmer as a modern farmer's goal  is usually increasing the net output of food products.  Each farmer may change the parameter in which they operate their business, but in the end more quantity sold means more net income...  which also means more products need to be made for more products to be sold.  .  

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner