amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Hah.  I skipped breakfast, so aye, was a bit hungry today.  It's called 'The Special', amusingly enough XD  A specialty of a local pub here in town - several kinds of meat, jalepeno mayo, cheese, lettuce, onions.  No bib necessary - after living down here for so long, I've become fairly adept at only getting my fingers messy on these :p

Damian

Verified Provider
I had a #10 from Jimmy Johns. I usually don't each lunch out, I usually have something like couscous or a sandwich or whatever.

Alto

I had a 'large' burrito from Tortilla, a small UK chain that does burritos/fajitas/tacos. I'm aware what what consider a 'large' burrito is probably a 'small' by US standards.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Just a Sobe Strawberry Daiquiri flavored beverage for me... i.e. fruit juice for the most part..
Yeah fruit juice.   This here is mostly potato water and this here is most grape juice :)

Start calling it an adult smoothie next and then we'll be talking.

I had a #10 from Jimmy Johns. I usually don't each lunch out, I usually have something like couscous or a sandwich or whatever.
I kind of miss Jimmy Johns.  They make a mean veggie sandwich and I think it even has sprouts on it.

I had a 'large' burrito from Tortilla, a small UK chain that does burritos/fajitas/tacos. I'm aware what what consider a 'large' burrito is probably a 'small' by US standards.
Yeah a US burrito is probably bigger than the UK business / stand you bought yours at ;)

Alto

Yeah a US burrito is probably bigger than the UK business / stand you bought yours at ;)
Two years ago i was in New York, and after a entire day with no food I went to the pizza place down the street from my hotel and ordered a large pizza. The waiter looked me up and down, and simply said 'no'. He then pointed to another table and showed me the large pizza 4 were sharing, and I sheepishly ordered a regular pizza, which I ate half of.

In the UK, I can eat a large without much trouble, and demolish an XL if I'm really hungry.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Off to Subway for me! Hah
Just got some Subway myself. Sitting in front of a Italian Herbs and Cheese footlong, chicken teriyaki with bacon. Lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, jalepenos and sweet onion sauce. This gonna be good.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Usually I do something that can be delivered.  Pizza, sandwiches, Chinese, etc.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
I prefer home-cooked meals. Now that I say that, I just finished some homemade broccoli and cheese casserole.

jcaleb

rice and fish.  my german friend always wonder why Filipinos can't survive a day without rice. I always wonder how western people can get full without rice.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Erm... Because I'm in Asia right now I guess rice and cooked fish (just like jcaleb!). I miss the good old times in the States where I'd go to a pub and get a beer and a burger :(

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
rice and fish.  my german friend always wonder why Filipinos can't survive a day without rice. I always wonder how western people can get full without rice.
I cook a lot of rice at home.  It's rather simple leave it alone cooking that doesn't get in the way of doing other work.

Still haven't mastered brown while rice though.  What do you recommend for cooking that?

mitgib

Verified Provider
Most prefer potato.  I buy rice in 50lb bags ;) Rice goes with everything!

amuck-landowner