amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

Hostwinds

Verified Provider
I'm a little bit embarrassed by my convenience store lunch after hearing about all of y'alls lunches. I had some microwaveable shelf stable meatloaf and mashed potatoes with a fruit smoothie and a side of regret.   :mellow:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I had delivery pizza tonight....  Slumming it again like that.... Off the good eating wagon.

Weekend almost here for needed grocery getting.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Didn't think to snap a pic but just had another NY strip with eggs. Easy meal and cheaper than eating out, while still being better.

Grocery store near me sells pre-packaged NY strips for $4.50 each and they're surprisingly great. I prefer them over the more expensive cuts I've gotten from Wal-Mart or Kroger (Kroger has better meat and produce in general, though).

Need to do some cooking this weekend. I bought a package of pork loins and am going to try to make this: http://www.wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/parmesan-crusted-pork-loin-stuffed-spinach-harvarti/ ... or something similar :)

Otherwise, still eating a salad or two each day. Simple and easy and good tasting meal. Ensures I get some veggies in my diet. :)

I also may make some egg salad again this weekend. Last time half went to waste as I put avocado in it and it browned very very quickly. The next day it looked horrid... so IDK what to do about that. I bought a lime as I hear lime juice will help keep the avocado from browning but we'll see. I like having a side of avocado with my meals just plain. No real need to mix it up and put it in recipes, it's good as is.

rds100

Verified Provider
As far as i know too much avocado as well as too much soy is not good for men. How much is "too much" - i don't know.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I just fried up some of the best damn pork chops I've seriously have ever had. I'm not even joking.

Since I'm still on the low-carb kick, the breading was made using almond flour. I added seasalt, pepper, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper and oregeno to the breading.

Fried in cast iron skillet in butter, 5 minutes on each side.

Simple and tasty.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Chicken Cesar wrap for me today. No french fries, that stuff will kill you! 

- Daniel :)
Yeppers, fried foods are indeed a murderer.  Oils are essentially plastic to your body.   As tasty as such can be, should be avoided.   Can make some good potatoes in the oven, baked and with butter + salt + pepper + onion.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just ate a left over chop, with a side of eggs and avocado... Great meal....

Now to make some coffee and get some stuff done!

zomgmike

Verified Provider
@MannDude  The pork chops look great. I briefly tried low carb last year.  Try this recipe but use a low carb tortilla.  It's out of this world.  Most low carb tortillas are tough and chewy, but Mission brand "carb balance" tortillas taste normal.  It's a technique reliant recipe, so give yourself 1-2 attempts to get used to it.  With the right sauce and toppings you can crank out filling and appetizing thin crust pizza for less than 10 carbs per pizza and in under 10 minutes (excluding the pre-heat time.)

I'm not doing low carb now and I still make it.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So, yesterday I got 9lbs of deer meat from a relative.

Today I made deer burgers for lunch.

I have the spirit of a deer inside me now.

Damn that was a tasty meal.

mitgib

Verified Provider
So, yesterday I got 9lbs of deer meat from a relative.

Today I made deer burgers for lunch.

I have the spirit of a deer inside me now.

Damn that was a tasty meal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FznlyA_iqrs

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Home made beef burger, Zero coke and French fries. Healthy eating was never fun for me.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Pork chop, avocado, and side salad.

4j0Gb4H.jpg

dRBzU6r.jpg

Pork chop is breaded in pork rinds, almond flour and spices. The pork rinds were a good touch.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
dinner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner