amuck-landowner

What's in your computer junk?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I stayed at my grandparents one winter while they were in Florida, some of the canned goods I found in the cupboard were ready for the museum. 
I probably have some those around here.   You don't store things for oops, look at what happened situations?

I know the grandparents did.

Alto

I've just cleaned out some cupboards as i'm having a new set of fitted wardrobes installed, and I found a near mint, boxed HP iPaq  2210 PDA, with a 4GB CF drive and a Wifi SDIO card.

Slownode

I like to hoard old RAM, that's about it.

It's always fun getting an old server with 2 of the 16 slots used, filling it up, and enjoying something 13 years old running a modern linux distro smoothly. lol

blergh

Verified Provider
Ah, i have too much old junk. 386's, DX's and heaps of dvd/cd-roms and old ass-mobo's and not to mention the kilos of old PC3200-RAM.

Eric1212

Verified Provider
I have a closet full of "computer junk". I feel the need to keep ALL of it :p

Sorry the photos are blurry -- couldn't see what I was doing. 

Preview of one box that contains desktop/server/workstation components (this one hasn't been sorted yet :( )

vwfJF57.jpg

I use drawers stacked in the closet to organize each component into categories:

SH6XmR4.jpg

Edit: Found some old 128MB RAM with a $78 price tag on each module..... ouch. 

Last edited by a moderator:

billingspc

Stumbled across a few of our old IBM thinkpads that were "Designed for Windows 95" and were about 5 in thick lol. Wish I would have kept one to take a picture of compared to my macbook lol.

amuck-landowner