Which other location would you like to see

shovenose

Verified Provider
For Unmanaged KVM VPS, so far I'd have:

• Atlanta, GA
  • Kansas City, MO
  • San Diego, CA
  • Fairfax, CA
  • ONE MORE (Not completely saturated, no ColoCrossing, decent pricing)
I want to hear what people would be interested in.

GIANT_CRAB

South Africa, Papua New Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, Palestine, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand.

These locations aren't saturated.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
How Lazzaro would say: Visualize it!

umapsh.jpg

Map source: openstreetmap.com

So following locations might be filling the gaps:

• Seattle (crowded)
  • Denver (too near to Kansas)
  • Las Vegas
  • Jacksonville (too near to Atlanta)
  • Chicago (crowded)
  • Austin
  • New Jersey

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
After a chat with them it's a definite no.
NYC is a nice location being with Ubiquity is not.

We dropped them due to a few reasons, , spam, dirty ip's, network lag and there idea of ever increasing prices on certain things.

• PeakFlow system based DDoS protection
That's just a Auto-Null I'm pretty sure of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
NYC is a nice location being with Ubiquity is not.

We dropped them due to a few reasons, , spam, dirty ip's, network lag and there idea of ever increasing prices on certain things.

• PeakFlow system based DDoS protection
That's just a Auto-Null I'm pretty sure of it!
 correcto, it's just an autonull. They claim it's filtering but they have a very detailed paragraph on their sales posts that document exactly how it works. TL;DR - auto nullroutes.

They are most likely endorse SPAM privately. (check LET, there was people talking about it) A lot of their subnets are listed as SPAM too.
This is the part that cracks me up. They were on WHT crying about how unfair spamhaus is and about how awesome they are about keeping their network clean. In reality, some quick searches on google shows the tons of spam that leaves their network. It's almost as bad as the amount of outbound bruteforces that leave YardVPS/etc.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'd say it depends on who you want to attract, in terms of client base. Certain locations will attract certain types of clients. You've got to ask yourself, are you prepared to deal with this?

I can't really suggest any locations as for my personal needs, anything in the US is probably going to be fine. I'd like to suggest a non-US location but I've still not got any use for that yet.

Anyhow, good luck.

shovenose

Verified Provider
I'd say it depends on who you want to attract, in terms of client base. Certain locations will attract certain types of clients. You've got to ask yourself, are you prepared to deal with this?

I can't really suggest any locations as for my personal needs, anything in the US is probably going to be fine. I'd like to suggest a non-US location but I've still not got any use for that yet.

Anyhow, good luck.
Yeah, I like keeping it all within the US.

VPS's in Alaska would be cool but not mainstream.

amuck-landowner