amuck-landowner

WHMCS Security Patch

rds100

Verified Provider
I wonder what they break this time. And how many releases with the same version number until they produce something working.

expertvm

Verified Provider
Looks like this couple few months is really a pain for all providers. Security issues everywhere.

peterw

Looks like this couple few months is really a pain for all providers. Security issues everywhere.
And a lot of providers that get catched cold. On the SolusVM 0day it was all about luck to be faster than the bad boys.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
What about a patch for 5.2.5?
We submitted a ticket about this, useless WHMCS staff said there will be no patch and you have to upload all the files but can exclude template files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Verified Provider
Do you guys really have that much modified in your WHMCS install that it's not possible to do an in-place upgrade? We have a huge pile of hooks and addons and had no issue with a full upgrade, I'd imagine that you guys wouldn't either.

anyNode

Verified Provider
I wonder what they break this time. And how many releases with the same version number until they produce something working.
Orders system broke for a couple providers (Crissic and RamNode), working fine for us though. Skylar from Crissc got it solved by clearing his template_c. Not sure if Nick has.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Yeah, WHMCS had to release multiple builds to get it right, but it's working now.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Do you guys really have that much modified in your WHMCS install that it's not possible to do an in-place upgrade? We have a huge pile of hooks and addons and had no issue with a full upgrade, I'd imagine that you guys wouldn't either.
All looked fine until you tried placing an order, at least in my case.

fapvps

Verified Provider
Update went smoothly here. I like to delete all the previous files and install a fresh copy keeping the database and moving any customizations manually. This way no unneeded files accumulate keeping everything neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
I guess cpanel did invest a lot in whmcs. All these frequent upgrades and patches makes me feel good .

amuck-landowner