amuck-landowner

Who here is using Gravatar?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'm just trying to determine if it is working properly or not on the forum. I was under the impression that if a member did not set an avatar, and Gravatar was enabled (it is) that it would generate a random one for them.

Tired of seeing the default gray silhouette for those without an avatar set. ;)

Zach

Verified Provider
I am, mainly because I always get an error when I try to upload a profile picture.  No big deal though  :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Ok, so it IS working. Perhaps I misunderstood the feature. I was under the impression that those members, like Artie above, who have not yet set their avatar would receive a randomly generated one. I know that if you have a Gravatar account, it'll use the same avatar everywhere automatically based on your email address, but for those without, thought it'd create a random one.

Thanks guys. I'll retract my message on IPB support forum ;).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I am, mainly because I always get an error when I try to upload a profile picture.  No big deal though  :)
I know I disabled uploading an avatar from a photo URL for some security reasons, though the upload form should still work. Let me test it out.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I originally got it because of LET/LEB.

We use it on stallion because it adds a personal touch for the users. :)

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Well, I need to figure out how to get gravatars to generate random avatars for those who have not manually set an avatar or for those who do not have an gravatar account.

Those little gray silhouettes are an eyesore.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
I'm just trying to determine if it is working properly or not on the forum. I was under the impression that if a member did not set an avatar, and Gravatar was enabled (it is) that it would generate a random one for them.

Tired of seeing the default gray silhouette for those without an avatar set. ;)
I am using Gravatar.

amuck-landowner