amuck-landowner

Who was your first VPS provider?

VyprNetworks

Believe it or not the first vps provider I ever used was namecheap. Although I didn't have the best experience with them they're support is great.

RosenHost

I had my first VPS with DelimiterVPS. They had a different homepage back then and Direct Admin included cheap plans. later they had issues with Paypal and forced 2Checkout.  I leaved them during those dark days. Later second provider I guess it was BlueVM and they do not seem to be around anymore. I remember sth like ChicagoVPS acquiring them, if correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

CeeHosting Ltd.

My first VPS provider was zFast (UK) - I used their VPS since 2014. Their server was originally in America but they upgraded and started moving people to a local server in Manchester (UK). It was great for the two years I used it, a bit more to pay but it was well worth it. 

RaidLogic.NET

Verified Provider
My first personal vps was the AlienLayer 192MB plan, like several other people here.  It was one of the earliest really cheap plans, cheap enough that I could buy it for experimentation without having an actual use for it.  I was very happy with it even though it was horribly unreliable by current standards.  I got my money's worth ($15/year or so, when everything else cost much more) just from the experience of setting it up and installing some stuff on it and serving a few personal pages.

Before that I used a Rackspace VPS for some work stuff, but it had been purchased and set up by one of my co-workers.   IIRC it was $12.50 a month for 512MB ram and 20gb of disk or thereabouts.  I thought that was very affordable and figured I'd buy one myself once I had a use for it.  Then I watched LEB for a while and got the Alien vps and the addiction started.

good times

marrco

First leb was a VPStree box, with, if memory helps, 64mb ram. And that was enough to run wordpress. First 'serious' provider was Linode. And i'm still a customer of theirs

Last edited by a moderator:

ISPAZE

Prior to entering webhosting business , i use to have a account with atlantic.net , they were nice at that time and yes they still exist

amuck-landowner