amuck-landowner

WHT Gold? OMG...

dcdan

Verified Provider
I was browsing WHT today and noticed something very unusual (huge animated GIFs in sigs, and ridiculous-looking "gold" avatars that look appropriate for a gfy.com kind of forum). I was sure WHT got hacked.

Apparently, I was wrong! For $5000 a month you are allowed to trash WHT completely:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1362250

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/memberships/gooooooold.php (this page is currently bugging out if you are not logged in)

EDIT: The deal looks so sweet, I am totally grabbing one as I am typing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Last year they did the 'ban any member' thing, year before that was like.. upside down text.

Look at a calendar and ask yourself, "What is April 1st?" :)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Last year they had their "admin forums" viewable by everybody with a bunch of threads that included your username in the subject to make it look like all of the mods are talking about you.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Isn't anything funny about that ad.  I mean pretty much the price gouging they've been doing for years so lackies can power spam their ads every X days.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I saved up all of my pennies, but I finally was able to purchase a Gold membership. :D

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
WHT's April Fool's jokes are actually funny. Most of the April Fool's stuff on the net is downright stupid.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I wasted too many hours last night finding Pokemon on Google Maps. :(

BBGN-Doug

Verified Provider
WHT's April Fool's jokes are actually funny. Most of the April Fool's stuff on the net is downright stupid.
I couldn't agree more with this statement.  Half the things you read are either so obvious it's April Fool's or just so stupid you could careless. 

Roger

Verified Provider
Well, at least I did not find it so out of the context as Seagate's BACON drives.

amuck-landowner