amuck-landowner

Windows VPS : 1-2GB of RAM or so

WSWD

Verified Provider
Hello all,

Looking for a Windows VPS, Win 2012.  1-2 GB of RAM (or more) is fine, with 40+ GB of drive space, 1gbps connection, Los Angeles or west coast is preferred.

Not really looking for anything expensive, because it will not be used for anything mission critical.

I have used Winity in the past and have been very happy, but unfortunately, they don't have anything available in LA anymore. 

WSWD

Verified Provider
No idea who those folks are, but after their homepage loaded, nothing else will load for me at all.  Their entire site just times out.  I also can't find any Windows 2012 offers, just 2008.

Not a good first impression.....

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Nephoscale...they currently have a $25 signup credit so no risk....I've been using them for a few years.  Pricing is very reasonable.  Windows Server 2012 R2 is included as an OS option for free...San Jose DC.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Not sure what your definition of expensive is, but we happen to be having a sale at the moment, https://www.iwfhosting.net/vps-blowout-- our Peer1 LA location should be fine, our SPLA prices for Windows are:

2012 Essentials: $12/mo

2012 Standard: $18/mo

Or, you could simply bring your own license key (you install)

WSWD

Verified Provider
I Can

Intel Xeon X5650

2 Cores

2 GB RAM

60 GB HDD

Port 1gigabits

Windows 2012 Starndar Trial 

LA

$10.00 

Test ip: 107.179.25.2

What is the cost per month for a real license?  A trial license doesn't do me any good.

cociu

Verified Provider
we can help you 

some of this in stok : 

<br />2 Core 

<br />RAM: 2 Gb ECC 

<br />Hdd: 30 Gb 

<br />Ip address : 1 included 

<br />Port: 1 Gbps 

<br />price 7 $/mo 

please pm if you are interesed

WSWD

Verified Provider
2008 R2 & 2012 R2 are available as well in Stallion :)

We got some code updates to stallion to handle KVM better at provision time, so we'll be able to improve the order time options.

Francisco
Sweet!  You might also want to remove the OpenVZ references on the Windows VPS page (I know you just redesigned your site).

Are the Window VPS all SATA, or do you have any SSD on the KVM/Windows boxes?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Sweet!  You might also want to remove the OpenVZ references on the Windows VPS page (I know you just redesigned your site).

Are the Window VPS all SATA, or do you have any SSD on the KVM/Windows boxes?
They're SATA for now. We're trying to decide what we want to do with the KVM's and such (in a positive, upgrade kind of way).

I'll look into any OVZ mentions on that page o_O I thought we caught any bleed overs.

EDIT - woops! screwed that up when I was merging in the new images.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
If you are still looking for a Windows server we can help you out.

We have a new Data Center location in 1Wilshire in Los Angeles. 

We will be giving the first month free for any pre order of VPS windows or linux plan,  going live on 6/22/2015  

Right now we have E3-1270v3 with 32GB Ram Raid10 servers in our cabinet but we are ordering new dual and quad E5 servers Full SSD drives Raid 10, and any customer that wants to move over once we have them online we will move you no problem

we are still in the process of configuring and finalizing our new site so please excuse the mess

We are offering  kvm windows2012 fully licensed for $4.99 month

preorder here

Windows servers are in Los Angeles only

Linux can be in LAs Vegas or Los Angeles

we will be adding more OS options in the neer future.

http://blacktiehosting.net/cart.php?gid=3

use promo code

" 1freemonth " with out the ""

the site may be a little glitchy so if so please contact us at [email protected]

WSWD

Verified Provider
If you are still looking for a Windows server we can help you out.

As tempting an offer as this may be, a lot of things just don't add up. 

Firstly, unless you're planning on overselling the hell out of the server, you can put a max of 8 people on the 4GB plans (not including server overhead, of course, but I want to make the math simple).  8 x 13.99 = $111.92.  On any decent server, that's not even close to break even.  Not sure how overloaded you plan on getting these servers, but that doesn't particularly interest me.

Secondly, your site is not authorized to be using WHMCS.  I don't care if your site is finished or not, WHMCS does not offer a trial, so you are obviously using a nulled version of the software.  Not only would I never do business with such a company, but I would never trust my personal/business information being put into a nulled piece of software, with I'm sure, backdoors everywhere.

Thanks for the offer though....

Oh yeah...and you have also been reported to the WHMCS piracy folks.  ;)

licenseverify.png

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
it add's up just fine. 1st your assuming we only have 1 node, in that assumption you are very wrong.

Secondly our whmcs is fully licensed.

you must have caught it at just the right time as we're switching from WHMCS licensing to our Data Center license's

as we were waiting for them to expired then switch them over and Black Tie expired today.

but you go ahead and keep assuming because we all know what it makes you.

7ddb4878ae.png

and just to add insult to your injury 

8c25a388dd.png

don't be so eager to assume as there is always the chance you could be wrong. like today.....

Unless trying to bash companies that sell the same services as your's does to try to pull business away from them  is your business model, then if so please feel free to keep trying....

WSWD

Verified Provider
it add's up just fine. 1st your assuming we only have 1 node, in that assumption you are very wrong.

Secondly our whmcs is fully licensed.

you must have caught it at just the right time as we're switching from WHMCS licensing to our Data Center license's

as we were waiting for them to expired then switch them over and Black Tie expired today.

Doesn't matter how many nodes.  You're making ~$110 in revenue per node before any licensing fees, PayPal/Credit Card fees, support costs, etc.  You could have 10,000 nodes.  You're still only making $110 in gross revenue per node.  E3-1270v3 with 32GB of RAM and RAID10 for less than that?  You can barely co-lo a 1270v3 in a decent datacenter for $110/mo., and I'm assuming you aren't a charity, so you would actually like to make a profit.  So again, what am I missing here?  I don't want to be part of that overselling!

Very convenient with the WHMCS license too!.  Yep...I must have caught it at just the right time.....every single time I've checked for the last 3 days. ;)  Must take an awful long time to switch those licenses over.

Thanks again for the offer, but take your garbage elsewhere.  Not interested in your services.  Thanks though!

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
Doesn't matter how many nodes.  You're making ~$110 in revenue per node before any licensing fees, PayPal/Credit Card fees, support costs, etc.  You could have 10,000 nodes.  You're still only making $110 in gross revenue per node.  E3-1270v3 with 32GB of RAM and RAID10 for less than that?  You can barely co-lo a 1270v3 in a decent datacenter for $110/mo., and I'm assuming you aren't a charity, so you would actually like to make a profit.  So again, what am I missing here?  I don't want to be part of that overselling!

Very convenient with the WHMCS license too!.  Yep...I must have caught it at just the right time.....every single time I've checked for the last 3 days. ;)  Must take an awful long time to switch those licenses over.

Thanks again for the offer, but take your garbage elsewhere.  Not interested in your services.  Thanks though!
And now your just plain lying we canceled our whmcs license this morning when we ordered the new one so nice try, but do us both a favor please TROLL on LET lets not bring the quality of VPSBoard down to the LET Level.

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider

and just as a curiosity why would a great company like WSWD with 18 years in business and multiple locations in LA  be needing a west coast vps from another provider?.

let me guess easy way to bypass vpsboard offers policy get your sig out there to drum up business?

just make a lame post like "i need a vps please" then bash all providers who answer it to try to make yourself look like you're the shit?

im just asking is all.

amuck-landowner