amuck-landowner

Work form home? Simple enough

Lorne

Working from home is great. I spent the past 20 years in construction and oilfield work travelling all over to damn near every little shithole in Canada. I'll take working at home in my comfy chair and quiet any time. I have a small gym right next to my office and always take some time during my shifts to get a workout in.

Set of 10 chins > ticket > set of 10 chins > ticket > set of curls > ticket and so on :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- we have ourselves a bona fide working dude there.

Yeah after that work, pansy mode around the house with an apron is appealing.

I need in house nail staff and one of those whores to wash my feet.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
Working from home is great. I spent the past 20 years in construction and oilfield work travelling all over to damn near every little shithole in Canada. I'll take working at home in my comfy chair and quiet any time. I have a small gym right next to my office and always take some time during my shifts to get a workout in.

Set of 10 chins > ticket > set of 10 chins > ticket > set of curls > ticket and so on :)
There's a 24/7 gym across the road and down ~30m from my house, I'm quite interested in remote/part-time work in no small part because I'd be able to make much better use of it then :).

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I worked from home for about 2 hours tonight and I couldn't wait to drive into work. It's so relaxing here and I'm 100% more productive, I just wish they had IPv6.

Last edited by a moderator:

fisle

I worked from home for about 2 hours tonight and I couldn't wait to drive into work. It's so relaxing here and I'm 100% more productive, I just wish they had IPv6.
Wait what you have IPv6 at home but not at work? Isn't it usually the opposite..

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Wait what you have IPv6 at home but not at work? Isn't it usually the opposite..
Correct. They plan on rolling our IPv6 here eventually but we have so many IPv4 addresses that we give each workstation an IP from the /16 we have AND we use NAT on the firewalls so those IPs are only accessible inside our own network. In reality we have less than 1000 servers that are accessible externally so a /16 will last us a long time so there's no rush for IPv6 yet.

At home on the other hand, I only have 1 IPv4 and a /64 of IPv6 so I utilize it to the best of my ability (not to mention IPv6 connectivity is better than IPv4 since Comcast hands it off to Level3 as soon as they can).

tchen

Silly question, but is there any reason to use non-reserved IPs behind a NAT?  *preemptively shakesfist*

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Silly question, but is there any reason to use non-reserved IPs behind a NAT?  *preemptively shakesfist*
Well the NAT is for security but why they aren't using private IPs for workstations is beyond me. I guess when you have more IPs than you will ever need you might as well use them.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
...If you've got public IPs, isn't that what your firewall is for ._.?
Yes, we have millions of dollars worth of firewalls but we use NAT so that the workstation IPs are NOT publicly accessible.

rsk

Verified Provider
Well, humor me. Licensing requires us to change something around. No more home offices. So I guess, netflix and pizza would be the best option too :p

amuck-landowner