amuck-landowner

Would anyone be interested in VPS/Dedi in Ukraine?

Dmitriy

For a long time now I wanted to open my own hosting company or invest/partner up with an already existing one. This is a small step in that direction.

I would like to do a little research first.

Are there any consumers or hosting companies interested in Dedicated or VPS hosting in Ukraine?

I can provide low-end Dedicated servers on 100mbit ports starting at about $50/month with a small initial setup cost. High-end servers are also possible but would require a contract for at least 6 months.

If there is enough interest in this I will make it happen.

The best case scenario would be to partner up with a company that could make orders in bulk and help with the initial costs. I am a system administrator so I can fulfill any request that you might have. (Install OnApp, Load balancing, Firewalls...)

Post your opinions over here or send me a PM if you are interested to work with me.

Thanks

fapvps

Verified Provider
I think the only way to really know is to just try. Start out really small and see if you get any business. If you offer good service at reasonable prices people will come.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think there will always be those interested in ordering services from unique, under-tapped locations. I say go for it. :)

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
While it is sort of a unique location it may not be the best of sellers because I can think of a few very cheap VPS hosts in UA, and also decent dedicated hosts. Having said that depending on the pricing of course there might be interst in dedicated servers, but contracts kinda scare me especially if it's for personal use. Don't do this on your own, you need good contact with the DC and a good relationship with them and try and get someone else to help.

Also, even if it does sound like a good idea, don't make a hasty decision in going into it or rush into it. From this thread, I don't know why but I have a feeling it's a little disorganised. ;-)

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I saw some business plans that did only cover the good part of the story. No Plan B if somethings goes wrong and nothing about all the legal stuff.

As Infinity said:

• What to do if you are ill?
  • What to do if you sleep?
  • What to do if your DC just says: Shut up?
  • How to handle reboots/reinstalls?
  • Want to support IPMI/KVM?
  • 24/7 support?
  • Able to handle registration, taxes, insurance and the other legal stuff?

amuck-landowner