amuck-landowner

XBOX One

wdq

Quade
I just finished watching the live stream. Basically a new system that is a rectangular glossy box with a built in Kinect. Powered by Windows, very multitasking oriented. Built in live TV. Community/online/media driven.

A decent amount of new games coming this year. A bunch of new sports games including a new football engine from EA Sports, a new Forza game, a Halo TV series, Call of Duty Ghosts, and they plan to announce a whole lot more at E3.

So just like with the PS4 the console is basically a PC from a few years ago put into the console form factor. Some exclusive games, and a whole lot more planned for E3. 

atho

I didn't read anything on it, yet, Is it backwards compatible? Will it play all my old XBOX 360 games? Will I be able to "transfer" my current XBL games or XBL pts to new console?

Hopefully.

Night

What's with all these new consoles having social integration? Man I'm totally going to post my new high score in a video game straight to Twitter.

Social TV? What are we gonna do now, gossip about people's clothes?

Other than how stupid social media is, hopefully since everything is in the cloud it doesn't screw over game sharing. It will suck if you can't borrow a friend's game any longer or even be able to buy used games. I sort of feel they are moving towards this only to ruin the used game and game sharing industries and milk the cash cow that is game consoles even more.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I used to be big into consoles and such (PS1/PS2/Wii/XBOX/WiiU/etc) but i've lost a lot of interest in them. There's few games for the PS* and XBOX that aren't ported to the PC at the same time these days.

The WiiU's the only thing that I'm even planning on keeping just because I'm a huge fan of Nintendo's games (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc)

Francisco

jarland

The ocean is digital
I used to be big into consoles and such (PS1/PS2/Wii/XBOX/WiiU/etc) but i've lost a lot of interest in them. There's few games for the PS* and XBOX that aren't ported to the PC at the same time these days.

The WiiU's the only thing that I'm even planning on keeping just because I'm a huge fan of Nintendo's games (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc)

Francisco
You haven't played Halo with me and Ryan at 3am, that's why you're not as into it anymore ;)

People get annoyed though. We'll play halo and only halo, and the same matchmaking playlist, all freaking night.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
You haven't played Halo with me and Ryan at 3am, that's why you're not as into it anymore ;)

People get annoyed though. We'll play halo and only halo, and the same matchmaking playlist, all freaking night.
I used to play a lot of Halo/Battlefield with 123Systems-Andrew back in the day. My first xbox got banned since I had flashed it. I got a new one but at that point him & I both got really busy with work and never got around to playing matches.

I got an xbox slim just sitting here doing nothing and it has maybe 10 hours of gameplay on it.

I've considered trading it for a PS3 just to get some more RPG's going on but I fear it'd end up the same.

Francisco

netnub

Xbox One actually got my attention.I have a xbox 360 slim, it hasn't been turned on in about 1 1/2 years now because I've been busy. The design does look quite nice, but what I'm working on is nicer :p

Working on a gaming system built off of the raspberry PI. Its neat.

365Networks

Would be nice if it had backwards compatibility for sure, I just flashed my 360 and that is really the only reason why I get around to playing it. I prefer the PS3 myself as I'd rather go online when I want and not have to worry about paying a monthly/yearly subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:

nim

Yea, 8GB Ram. Only proc info is that there will be eight cores. Also, they will be using three operating systems, one un-named. And yea, let me play used games or else. I refuse to be jacked in 24/7, I'm human I get to pull the plug once and awhile;)

Oh yea, and Sony stock is up 9% -- I take it this wasn't what microsoft wanted to achieve. The panic is suppose to give your company a hysteria spike! DOH!

Seriously, if you're gaming on a console..you already are losing.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
For me console gaming is all about easy gaming. I have one afternoon a week (max) where I do have some time for gaming. I do not have time for DRM and driver hassle. So I switched to consoles.

Looking forward to the new generation but I have no clue if I should buy a Xbox or PS.

My History: Sega Mega Drive, SNES, Playstation, GameCube, Playstation 2, Xbox 360.

Alto

Bold prediction - the Xbox One is screwed. Unless nobody brings games to the PS3, the inability to buy used games without paying a full-price fee for the Xbox one is going to upset everyone.

Buyers will hate it because they won't be able to extend their gaming budgets by trading in, and so will consider purchases more carefully (possibly shoving yet another nail in the coffin of non-franchise/sequel titles on console).

Retailers will hate it because they'll sell less, and won't get their tasty mark-ups on used games anymore.

The need to have an internet connection at least once every 24 hours isn't going to help either.

I believe the points above were key in Sony's share price rising immediately following the MS event.

amuck-landowner