amuck-landowner

Yet another ChicagoVPS backup issue

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Stumbled into this in my pile of stuff a bit ago.  Unsure if it appeared elsewhere yet.

Yet another ChicagoVPS loses data claim with no backups in place. Entirely unsure if the customer was using their "optional but included" Central Backup solution.  Multiple days, ticket hockey... etc.

I figure the customer Serkan Aydin could use some relief and he told the Fab-bozo that he was going to go chatter to the communities.  So here we are...

Full image of tickets nested in the spoiler, click to see below. 

oXqQG92CZMC462p.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah...

I'm just gonna say it.

Guy posts every other 10 minute intervals.  Uses the word "our" instead of "my".  Immediately goes with the lawyer line.

Yep, I'm officially annoyed and have no sympathy for this guy.  

I'm not surprised CVPS screwed him over.  What was he expecting.  I'm more annoyed this guy is trying to huff and puff his chest after he finds out how much CVPS screwed him over.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The guy clearly speaks English second or third off his tongue.  So some is mashed up due to such.

Someone needs to take the lawyer line to them.  Spend enough cash to make it worth a lawyer-upping or find a lawyer who sees the opportunity of banging CC/CVPS up with a class action or threats of such.

Frankly, at this point, multiple years of mistreating customers.  So the BBB recently dumping CVPS as a member in good standing was overdue.  Now it is time for PayPal to freeze CVPS' account.  That should slow them down.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Horrible customer ordering service from a horrible company. That may sound harsh but there are better ways to handle this, both as the customer and the company.

At this point it's hard to feel bad for those who get burned from the likes of ChicagoVPS/UGVPS/123Systems or any other brand Fabozzi may or may not have his hand in. There are plenty of reviews, documented cases and screen shots that indicate the service and support isn't top-notch and I don't know why people expect the world for pennies.

EDIT: Also, ALWAYS TAKE YOUR OWN BACKUPS! Even if the provider 'takes' them for you, they're not guaranteed to be recent, working, or even available.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
There are plenty of reviews, documented cases and screen shots that indicate the service and support isn't top-notch and I don't know why people expect the world for pennies.
That puts the pressure on the consumer and easy to do.  Those buying on LEB and LET and known to be members and then buying and complaining, yep, I agree about those folks knowing better.

"You should have been more informed who you were buying from and what you were buying."

That's the approach per se Kossen has taken with LE* and failing to reign in these clowns and others who make offers and stiff customers.  Or as they'd have us believe it, customer gets service, something breaks then customer is impatient and demanding all while the poor company struggles to keep up with their own success/popularity/mountains of tickets and too few Indians to do them.

This also assumes the buyer is in one of the communities semi-actively and pays attention some.

Odds are a good subset of these customers we see on threads like this in the wild (that was found via search randomly) aren't LE* users.

I don't know why people expect the world for pennies.

The customer is out $40.  If I were a betting person I'd say he got roped into $40 for a year for 2GB of RAM, 50GB of disk,  2TB of BW.

$40 is nothing to sneeze at. Far from pennies.  Especially when you look at the customer likely received just a few months of service tops prior to this incident.

Hate to say it, but I suspect there is a pattern that is first few months are alright and then if you are using resources or the VPS in general, things start to happen like this.  They are outside of window for refunds, and only CVPS refunds only afford more house credits (which if they are toying with you would continue).  Piss the customer off, he/she moves, you get 6-9 months of free money.

Meaning that $40 / 12 months = $3.33 per month income

Becomes $40 / 4 months = $10 per month income.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
His backup was corrupted, Im not sure what he did, but it was nothing on our end and this is not the first time he fubar his VPS.

@drmike, been trying to contact you for quite some time, still waiting for that chat on skype. Im sure you will be interested in what I have to say.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
His backup was corrupted, Im not sure what he did, but it was nothing on our end and this is not the first time he fubar his VPS

@drmike, been trying to contact you for quite some time, still waiting for that chat on skype. Im sure you will be interested in what I have to say.
His own backup he ran himself off site? But the ticket delay hockey  ;) Even I'll admit that things do break at times and indeed there are customers who are less than up to technical levels.

Oh fun, send me a PM here, that will suffice I suppose. At least to get the ball moving.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
While I have your ear Chris... This....

Whee!  Fun.  Biloh and Fabozzi have been busy crafting and sending out spamvertisements tonight....  Emails... More confessionals gone wrong.   Someone forwarded this funny....

"We also want to introduce you to our new Support Team, by name, not an anonymous alias. ChicagoVPS has teamed up with a technical placement recruiting firm, and was provided a few techs that I think will vastly improve the ChicagoVPS support. Added to the support desk, is Yogesh, Uttam, and Alon." 

Congrats.  The old workers have names like the new workers.   You just un-whited their names in support.  

Is your technical placement firm in Ahmedabad, India? Of course it is.

Don't you guys get that you are fessing up to outsourcing and lying in the past for eons?  In doing such, more lies.  The new lies are that these are new techs and the schtick about dealing with "technical placement recruiting firm".

What I am saying for the casual reader is that these techs are in India and are not new to CVPS.

In fact, they aren't new to ColoCrossing either.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
His backup was corrupted, Im not sure what he did, but it was nothing on our end and this is not the first time he fubar his VPS.

I'm going to just ask this here because I've already done this a million times.

Remove my account from your WHMCS please.  I've already opened up two support tickets about it previously (and each time was told it'd be removed) and I just sent you an email about the most recent one.

Seriously man, how many more times do I have to let you guys know? 

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
@drmike, actually they are US based, like I said we used a firm that places workers.

@HalfEatenPie, we cant remove the accounts, we need them for company records. If you wish, change your email on the account to not get emails.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
@drmike, actually they are US based, like I said we used a firm that places workers.

@HalfEatenPie, we cant remove the accounts, we need them for company records. If you wish, change your email on the account to not get emails.
Or ya know.  Maybe this time following through with your unsubscribe requests?

Unsubscribe: To stop receiving these messages please visit your customer control panel at https://billing.chicagovps.net/clientarea.php and uncheck the box to receive promotional emails. You can also email [email protected] with the subject "REMOVE ME" and we will process your request immediately.
Also with your past history of constantly getting hacked, I don't think I feel comfortable with you having all that information.  

Edit: For those of you who are unaware, CVPS has gotten hacked multiple times.

From here, and here.

And you know what's probably gonna end up happening?  Chris will hide back in his hole and probably just ignore all these requests, which is incredibly frustrating to deal with.  So just get rid of my account, and I'll be out of your hair.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well the email pattern here of re-marketing and not adhering to unsubscribes is ahh common between CVPS and BlueVM.   Just saying.  Another check in the column saying CC/CVPS took over Blue as much as I detest that idea.

At least folks didn't receive multiple copies like prior campaigns :)

I want to believe Fabozzi, I do.  I've been hoping CVPS/CC would stop the shenanigans since I have better things to do and busting them is getting tired.  But, I can't ignore the fact that these "news" guys work for ahh Milan who runs a body / chat operator support outfit out of India.

Milan was in the original ticket spoiler screencap that started this thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
amuck-landowner