amuck-landowner

Zeneva - Bad experience? I want to hear about it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So do we have folks here with dedicated server rentals from Zeneva in Las Vegas?

If you do, PM me.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So do we have folks here with dedicated server rentals from Zeneva in Las Vegas?

If you do, PM me.
For what it's worth, if you still want Vegas I can get you in contact with Rob at Fiberhub and he'll do his best to give you a bitchin' deal.

I've already put a good handful of people in contact with him and hope to continue doing so.

Has anyone been in contact with Switch or anyone with gear on site? I'm curious if he's made some positive

progress.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Umm well, someone mentioned speaking to SWITCH with me earlier.

SWITCH wants to help/keep end customers online.   But I suspect there is a plug pull about to happen for Zeneva.  Actually overdue.

My understanding is Zeneva is VolumeDrive style behind in payments (surprised if I told you they use the same leasing company as VD and owe them too? Ho hum...).

Anyways, if you are living on one of the Zeneva dedicated servers / have a business running from such, time to migrate or get ready to pay SWITCH's rates, which are going to be massive sticker shock.

Last edited by a moderator:

dano

Part of Switch SuperNAP is a SuperPrice tag

I contacted them for a small project, just needed a cabinet for a customer, and they quoted me 4k one time sign up(deposit etc) and 1500/month - this was for one thermal cab as they call it, and up to 100Mbps connection on their blend, with 15 amps AC in 2010. I have no idea what Switch charges these days though, but I would imagine it's in the above ball park. Math isn't one of my strong suits, but I would assume it's tough to make a low end biz profitable, even with bulk buys of cabs/bandwidth, in this particular data center.  

As Dr Mike said, I am sure Switch is interested in keeping Zeneva's customers online in their building, just like Cobalt offered, but not as direct customers. When I tried(they didn't care if I stayed) to work out a deal with Cobalt to keep my stuff there, they referred me to two folks who had equipment in their DC who would resell me space they had. One was actually a friend or biz partner of Zeneva that Tim had referred me to already, so I scratched that one off my list and decided to keep to my plan of dealing directly with the provider for my project(s).

Zeneva is one of those "sounds too good to be true" deals, and we should know what happens to those(dead pool, pump-n-dumps, disappearing acts, etc).

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
From what I was being told by one of Zeneva's customers, they were under cutting Switch by 50% in their own facility.

Francisco

Zeneva

First of all, let me step in here and clear some things up. 

Zeneva is definitely not going out of business and nor are we holding equipment hostage. Any equipment that is owned by our customers has been given to them with no problems. Francisco, the customer in question has been provided with access to there equipment and have scheduled a time to pick the equipment up. 

We do monitor all of our bandwidth usage and currently have over 20 Gbps of capacity with our carriers. We do not owe any money to the leasing company that VolumeDrive does business with. We have had our fair share of growing pains and are working on them.

None of our staff have been stiffed either. We're working through any growing pains that we have.

Thanks

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
All I can say is I've seen companies dig mighty big holes, switch DCs, run from bills, etc. and do it for years on end.  Doesn't mean nothing is going on and things are "fine".  Means the slow wheels of justice and those financing things have been too patient.  VD comes to mind on that one...

Not saying Zeneva owes other Vegas DCs (I just lack confirmation from them), but seems to be a good bit of moving from one to other to next in a short time.

If Zeneva doesn't owe SWITCH a bundle I advise Mr. Tim gets his legal eagles on the case.   I'll be at the grocery for a bit here, buying all the popcorn they have.  :popcorn:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
All I can say is I've seen companies dig mighty big holes, switch DCs, run from bills, etc. and do it for years on end.
Heh, man, we had one like that with us for ages.  Hosted most of the guy's company for quite awhile at no cost to him because he was friends with the boss and tugged Fran's heartstrings with "I can barely afford food for my kid", etc.

Then I find out the guy buys himself a brand new gaming system (after pleading with me in ticket that he couldn't afford to pay rent with us), and that little arrangement went up in flames quick.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Then I find out the guy buys himself a brand new gaming system (after pleading with me in ticket that he couldn't afford to pay rent with us), and that little arrangement went up in flames quick.
We all know folks like this Ald.  Kind of funny that fellow you knew ran to same company harboring another asshat who couldn't pay child support for his multiple children but was again, buying game systems, womanizing, living the life, etc.  

I confirmed some other details.   Leasing company is owed for gear.  Ho hum, VD incident, spot on.  Think someone may have prevented a runner to another DC.

Of course people will only confirm facts, not handing documents over and such.   Let my track record speak volumes as to being mostly above the target, before I drop the bombs.

Yeah I know biz can be harsh and hard to balance life + growing a business.  These incidents go above that into the fraud and deception section.  Sadly biz world and legal moves too damn slow.   We ought to go back to showing up with bats and wrenches to collect stuff at 3AM, while you are sleeping. 

As long as I am around, not letting folks throw good money at holes in the ground and firepits, not on vpsBoard.   Dupes over on that OTHER site --- heck, even over there someone brought the Zeneva choked on it pain.

ndelaespada

Verified Provider
Got this today:

Dear Valued Customers,

Over the past several months, Zeneva LLC has experienced tremendous growth and has had great success in expanding our business.  However, we have unfortunately run into some unexpected issues with our current colocation provider which has had a negative impact on our ability to continue on our path.  Despite our best efforts, we have come to the conclusion that this situation is irreconcilable, and as such we have determined that it is the best interest of our customers to allow our friends at Versaweb, another hosting provider based in Las Vegas, to acquire our hosting assets and customer base.

As part of this transition, Versaweb will be migrating all shared, dedicated, cloud, and virtual private servers customers over from the Switch facility into their locally-owned facility. The Versaweb team will be sending out a notice to all customers with information about this migration over the next few days. Please note that Versaweb will not be transitioning any colocation customers over to their facility.  If you have purchased colocation with us, you will need to contact us immediately to make arrangements to have your equipment moved to another facility if you haven’t already spoken with a member of our team.

All current staff including myself will remain on-board to help throughout the transition to ensure that the migration is handled in the most expedient and professional manner possible.  Please keep a close watch on your inbox as Versaweb will be reaching out to all customers very soon with news regarding the migration schedule.

Thanks,
Management Team
Zeneva LLC

I don't have any services with them anymore, jumped off that boat.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
 we have unfortunately run into some unexpected issues with our current colocation provider which has had a negative impact on our ability to continue on our path. Despite our best efforts, we have come to the conclusion that this situation is irreconcilable
It's a cute, and endearing release.  Doing so well, but yet dumping customers.. Ho hum.   What did I say was going to happen?  That took an extra week or two.

So, Versaweb almost clearly did deal with Datasales to pay off the lease note on the equipment that was being colocated by Zeneva.

Kudos to SWITCH for not putting end customers out in the cold and kudos to Versaweb for taking a financial risk here.

Next up:   VolumeDrive.   When's the drop dead date for that mess and who is buying the leased gear... ?

dano

Not surprised, and actually glad to see that no other people would have to go through what I and others had to go through with this provider. 

Zeneva

Zeneva has no relations with DataSales nor are they a company that we work with.

Versaweb will be taking over all clients with the exception of our colocation customers as outlined in the e-mail.

GIANT_CRAB

Hey guise,

Lets do a brief comparison between these two posts:

First of all, let me step in here and clear some things up. 

Zeneva is definitely not going out of business and nor are we holding equipment hostage. Any equipment that is owned by our customers has been given to them with no problems. Francisco, the customer in question has been provided with access to there equipment and have scheduled a time to pick the equipment up. 

We do monitor all of our bandwidth usage and currently have over 20 Gbps of capacity with our carriers. We do not owe any money to the leasing company that VolumeDrive does business with. We have had our fair share of growing pains and are working on them.

None of our staff have been stiffed either. We're working through any growing pains that we have.

Thanks
Zeneva has no relations with DataSales nor are they a company that we work with.

Versaweb will be taking over all clients with the exception of our colocation customers as outlined in the e-mail.
Do you guys see the difference? 12 days made such a huge difference.

amuck-landowner