amuck-landowner

Zimmerman found not guilty.... Your thoughts?

maounique

Come on, that is US, you dont expect to be judged with the same measure, do you ?

They support terrorist countries which apply collective punishments, keep ppl in jail without trial (US does too), demolish houses, seize land, army shoots unarmed civilians in self defense, bombs indiscriminately in retaliation, pisses on UN resolutions (US does too), occupies foreign countries and attacks others under pretexts less credible than Hitler's, preaches the nuclear danger when they have nuclear weapons in breach of the international law, yet, that is a country worth spending 10s of billions to maintain the bunker and opress the occupied, while ppl die of hunger at the borders because of the blocade, and international aid is blocked due to fears the food may end up in the wrong hands.

That is US, the last crusading country, are you sure you are expecting justice to be served there ?

Jeffrey

Watch out!  Zimmerman still has his gun! :S I am scared to walk to up to my gas station these days.

GVH-Jon

Banned
It's a fucked up situation. She should have never been arrested. Her abusive husband was violating a restraining order and she had the right to defend herself.

Sounds like her lawyer was awful.
I betcha she wouldn't be in jail right now if Mark O'Mara was her lawyer. He did an extremely good job in the Zimmerman case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

I betcha she wouldn't be in jail right now if Mark O'Mara was her lawyer. He did an extremely good job in the Zimmerman case.
He didn't do a great job, there just wasn't enough evidence.  Same with the Casey Anthony case. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Like I said, I don't think he should have approached the teen. Guy was just walking through a neighborhood and wasn't peepin' in windows or knocking over trashcans or anything. But the teen attacked him, and he defended himself within the confines of the law.

People keep calling it a 'race crime', thinking Zimmerman killed the teen because he was black. Zimmerman has a black step-sister, has a black ex-girlfriend, and even spoke out against a white-cop who beat a black homeless man. The guy isn't a racist, at least according to his track-record.

People got all upset for no reason, ignoring the fact that there are thousands of deaths each year from black individuals killing each other. Then some 'white' (but not white, hispanic) guy kills a black teen in self-defense and the media loved it! So much drama! Big fat white racist man hunted down an innocent black angel to murder in cold blood. Lets ignore the facts presented to us, forget the fact that Trayvon was a 'thug' (history of violence and fighting, being kicked out of school for drugs, attempting to purchase a firearm illegally, etc) and lets plaster photos of him on the TV of when he was 12 so he looks more innocent and angelic.

It's an unfortunate event, but Zimmerman didn't really break any laws. It's sad to say though, that blacks still get treated unfairly in a lot of parts in America, but this is NOT an example of that. An example of injustice would be the black woman who fired 2 warning shots in the air at her abusive husband who she had a restraining order against, also in Florida, and who is facing 20 years in prison for trying to prevent an attack on herself.

Jeffrey

Like I said, I don't think he should have approached the teen. Guy was just walking through a neighborhood and wasn't peepin' in windows or knocking over trashcans or anything. But the teen attacked him, and he defended himself within the confines of the law.

People keep calling it a 'race crime', thinking Zimmerman killed the teen because he was black. Zimmerman has a black step-sister, has a black ex-girlfriend, and even spoke out against a white-cop who beat a black homeless man. The guy isn't a racist, at least according to his track-record.

People got all upset for no reason, ignoring the fact that there are thousands of deaths each year from black individuals killing each other. Then some 'white' (but not white, hispanic) guy kills a black teen in self-defense and the media loved it! So much drama! Big fat white racist man hunted down an innocent black angel to murder in cold blood. Lets ignore the facts presented to us, forget the fact that Trayvon was a 'thug' (history of violence and fighting, being kicked out of school for drugs, attempting to purchase a firearm illegally, etc) and lets plaster photos of him on the TV of when he was 12 so he looks more innocent and angelic.

It's an unfortunate event, but Zimmerman didn't really break any laws. It's sad to say though, that blacks still get treated unfairly in a lot of parts in America, but this is NOT an example of that. An example of injustice would be the black woman who fired 2 warning shots in the air at her abusive husband who she had a restraining order against, also in Florida, and who is facing 20 years in prison for trying to prevent an attack on herself.
I agree with you, however, if you were Zimmerman, would you have shot him?  If someone was following me in a car staring me down thinking I'm suspicious, I would have done the exact same thing Treyvon did.  It's self defense.  I'm not going to walk home and ignore him.  If I was Zimmerman in that situation, I would have not shot the kid, attacking me or not.  I would have acted like an adult in the situation and would have sat there allowing himself to hit me, then I would report him for attacking.  Zimmerman was much older than Treyvon was, he could have defended himself another way, hell, he could have just drove away.  

Zach

Verified Provider
I agree with you, however, if you were Zimmerman, would you have shot him?  If someone was following me in a car staring me down thinking I'm suspicious, I would have done the exact same thing Treyvon did.  It's self defense.  I'm not going to walk home and ignore him.  If I was Zimmerman in that situation, I would have not shot the kid, attacking me or not.  I would have acted like an adult in the situation and would have sat there allowing himself to hit me, then I would report him for attacking.  Zimmerman was much older than Treyvon was, he could have defended himself another way, hell, he could have just drove away.  
If he allowed him to continually beat him, he could have very easily been killed.

Jeffrey

If he allowed him to continually beat him, he could have very easily been killed.
Yes, he could have, but I am speaking for myself, because I was in the same exact situation Zimmerman was in, last December.  Last December I was an idiot and wanted to have a bit of fun and threw a party out in the woods in the, let's say, not nice part of town.  I walked up the street with a few friends, we were honestly all high as ****.  One of my friends asked this black guy on a bicycle if he wanted some marijuana and my friend said, "Too bad because we don't have any".  Then literally five minutes later, I happen to look behind myself and I see about 15 men chasing after us.  They knocked my friend out with one punch, I ran as soon as I saw it happen, and then I stopped running and I was kicked down to the ground.  I was getting attacked.  Did I feel like I was going to die? Sure, but I was just hoping for the best.  I honestly didn't fight back because I was stoned off of my mind and I did not feel any pain when the person was hitting me, kicking me in the head.  I just sat there acting like I felt nothing and the attacker finally gave up and asked what was in my pockets, I replied, "Nothing".  My wallet and my phone were both in my pockets.  I blocked my pockets with my hands and then he ran off.  I then got up off the ground and walked off like nothing happened.  I told absolutely nobody about this, except a few close friends.  My point is, Zimmerman could have done the exact same thing I did, I survived. 

jarland

The ocean is digital
How many of you guys were there? If you feel the judge or jury made a mistake, become a judge or sit on more juries. If you think the cops made the mistake, become a cop. If you think Florida laws are to blame, go run for an office in Florida.

This was a local case with local people and it was processed through our judicial system as the citizens of the state of Florida have previously found acceptable. If they no longer find it acceptable, they now hold the responsibility to elect different local leadership and lobby for new state legislation.

There is a process, none of which involves sitting in a chair typing on a web forum. Everyone wants a voice, no one wants to get off their ass and work.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Well his injuries weren't hospital-worthy (he was asked 3x if he wanted an evaluation on the scene) and he had less blood on him than an average dry weather bloody nose, so it overwheleming seems like he got socked once square in the face, slipped and fell and got pissed and shot Trayvon

If he was actually "continually beaten" he would have looked much, much worse - head injuries bleed like crazy

texteditor

1) This is called the "my black friend" defense against racism, and it is meaningless

2) The real big issue of racism here was that the Detective who interviewed him that night wanted him to be charged, but between Miami-Dade PD's history of racism and the fact that George was well known to the cops, they assumed his story to be true and told the detective they weren't charging him

texteditor

forget the fact that Trayvon was a 'thug' (history of violence and fighting, being kicked out of school for drugs, attempting to purchase a firearm illegally, etc) and lets plaster photos of him on the TV of when he was 12 so he looks more innocent and angelic.

PS MannDude this is terribly racist - a 'thug'? He never had a history of violence and fighting (that was Zimmerman), he smoked weed and mentioned doing like DXM (literally most of my ~mostly white~ high school did both of those and much more) and that picture of the gun wasn't any kind of proof he intended to buy a firearm

He looked innocent and angelic in nearly all his pictures, even the older ones, unless you are terrified of black people.

edit: I want you to go do an experiment for me - go out and buy some weed and smoke and bunch of it. Come back here after and tell us whether you get filled with Immense Negro Rage and beat up the first white man you run into, or if you sit at your computer and stream every episode of Tim and Eric's Awesome Show without taking a break

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
1) This is called the "my black friend" defense against racism, and it is meaningless

2) The real big issue of racism here was that the Detective who interviewed him that night wanted him to be charged, but between Miami-Dade PD's history of racism and the fact that George was well known to the cops, they assumed his story to be true and told the detective they weren't charging him
1.) If it makes any amount of difference, the FBI investigation relating to this had the outcome of Zimmerman not being racist. Unsure how many racists have been outspoken against white-on-black crime in the past, as well as having also dated a black woman. I was going to use my 'black friends' defense in my follow up to your other quote but I can't do that now. :( I believe if it was me walking through that neighborhood that rainy evening with my hood up, Zimmerman would have likely kept an eye on me too. Though the difference is, I would have kept walking and not have attacked him.

2.) The cop was actually fired.

PS MannDude this is terribly racist - a 'thug'? He never had a history of violence and fighting (that was Zimmerman), he smoked weed and mentioned doing like DXM (literally most of my ~mostly white~ high school did both of those and much more) and that picture of the gun wasn't any kind of proof he intended to buy a firearm

He looked innocent and angelic in nearly all his pictures, even the older ones, unless you are terrified of black people.

edit: I want you to go do an experiment for me - go out and buy some weed and smoke and bunch of it. Come back here after and tell us whether you get filled with Immense Negro Rage and beat up the first white man you run into, or if you sit at your computer and stream every episode of Tim and Eric's Awesome Show without taking a break
I didn't know how else to word it. The recent photos on his Facebook and Twitter were not the same angelic photos used by the media. In an effort to stir up more drama they plastered the photos of a smiling young child and not the young man he had become. Trayvon DID have a history of violence. He was kicked out of school for fighting. Even his TEXT MESSAGE RECORDS indicate his history for violence. In one event read during the trial (but not before the jury) Trayvon was txting his lady stating he fought some dude, lost the first round, but won the other 2 rounds. He said he was going back for more because his nose didn't bleed enough. His text message records also indicate an attempt to purchase a firearm, illegally. Don't take my word for it, you can view the record here: http://trayvon.axiomamnesia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Trayvon-Martin-cell-phone-extraction-report-one-10-pages.pdf (The list doesn't include the texts that were hidden from some app on his phone, forget what it was called, but the individual in charge of examining phones as evidence spoke about the hidden media and texts during the trial)

This is when I was going to use my black friend defense, and I cant use it as per your response above, so not sure how to address it, haha. Look, the media really wanted to stir this up to make it seem some little kid was shot in cold blood. The fact is, it was a young man who was in great shape and a history of violence himself.

I'm no stranger to weed, having been a High School student and young adult myself, and I don't think his marijuana use was anything more than that of what High School teens do. Tim and Eric aren't my cup of tea, but give me Trailer Park Boys and I'll sit here all night. I think the drug use that was more worrying was the 'lean', or whatever. Look up his posts he made on Facebook and Twitter prior to all of this. He asks a friend where to get codeine. No the pill form, but liquid form. Skittles+Watermelon Fruit Drink+Liquid Codeine is the speculation of what was going on that night, based on his social media history.

I know this makes me look like an asshole for bringing up the stuff the media isn't telling you, but the truth isn't always as interesting to the masses.

Zimmerman is suing NBC for editing the audio aired on TV of his 911 call that alone made him seem racist, which he'll probably need all the money he can get after Martin's sue him (even though TM's mom is trademarking the name, 'Trayvon').

It's an unfortunate event, but not really all that news worthy when you consider on any given night there are people being killed in Chicago and any other major US city. This one was just unique because it was a 'white man' killing a 'black boy' instead of the usual white man killing white man or black man killing black man story. Trayvon was in much better shape and experienced in recreational fighting. Zimmerman was out of shape, and I believe he was truly fearing for his life. The type of individual who would attack someone just for eyeing them down is the same type of un-adjusted individual who would be capable of something much worse. When would Trayvon had stopped attacking Zimmerman had he not been shot? When he got wore out? When Zimmerman stopped moving or was knocked unconscious? You can be put in a coma or die from the head injuries he suffered. It's unfortunate, but he did what he had to do after he was attacked.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Eh screw it. Removing post. Almost forgot how little I care. I don't live in Florida. People too busy caring about the laws other states enact, they should take part in their own state politics.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I wasn't there and I'm not going to pretend to know what happened. Even those watching the court case don't know what happened. It wasn't all made public. Some evidence wasn't released for the public to go over. No one who considers themselves to be an intellectual can claim knowledge of what happened. An opinion about it is a bit irresponsible, but the best anyone can have.
True, true. When I first heard about the story, I was upset too. I thought what many people thought that Zimmerman had committed a race-crime and hunted down a suspicious looking teen. It wasn't until I actually read up on it and watched some of the trial and looked at the evidence that was released before I began to feel the way I do now.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Was going to comment on Zimmerman's affinity for African Americans, but MannDude beat me to it. Racists don't take black girls to prom and mentor minority children on the weekends. He could still be a scumbag, but there is nothing to suggest he's a racist scumbag.

MannDude also pointed out that Trayvon had a history of disciplinary issues at school. He was only in Sanford because he was suspended from his high school in Miami. Suddenly because of a clear political agenda, the misguided (at best) young man becomes a symbol for racial oppression.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Was going to comment on Zimmerman's affinity for African Americans, but MannDude beat me to it. Racists don't take black girls to prom and mentor minority children on the weekends. He could still be a scumbag, but there is nothing to suggest he's a racist scumbag.

MannDude also pointed out that Trayvon had a history of disciplinary issues at school. He was only in Sanford because he was suspended from his high school in Miami. Suddenly because of a clear political agenda, the misguided (at best) young man becomes a symbol for racial oppression.
It's the administrations attempt at furthering their gun-control agenda. The school shootings didn't work because these were crazy and fucked up individuals to begin with according to the media. What they needed was a law abiding citizen committing some sort of atrocity with his legally purchased weapon that he had a permit to carry legally, as that was not an anti-gun image that's been plastered over the TV yet.

texteditor

Having disciplinary trouble in school does not make him somehow more likely to randomly attack someone - certainly not compared to Zimmerman, who has an arrest record that includes assaulting a police officer trying to arrest his friend for drinking underage and having restraining orders against him for domestic violence.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Like I said - Zimmerman may be a scumbag. But it's not just that Trayvon had disciplinary issues at school - they were apparently related to his violent behavior there. So yes, that does make him more likely to randomly attack someone, whereas a less violent young man would probably just run away from the "creepy" neighborhood watch guy.

amuck-landowner