amuck-landowner

Double Expansion: ChicagoVPS Expands VPS Hosting Services to TWO New Areas

Aesthemic

Hey watch the horns when playing bullfrog bubba :)

You wrote this press release.  It's, ummm, #winning.

Who did you collaborate with?   CC is where your servers are / rented from / colocated.   If you were collaborating with someone other than CC  something is odd about your relationship there. It goes like this... "Hey Jon, I want to expand ChicagoVPS to your other locations".  Then his team sends you the invoice or quote.

Service providers  that is plural.  Every location you have is one provider.

Texan web hosting market?  If you want to get local kitschy,  then it would be New Jerseyan, not New Jersey.   I know Buffalo is the other side of state and you aren't down with what they call the locals over there. 

Gazes, hmmmm.  You realize a gaze is a fixed thing.  Using gazes and fixed is redundant:

Noun 1. 60349-gaze.pnggaze - a long fixed look; "he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
regard

stare - a fixed look with eyes open wide

Verb 1. gaze - look at with fixed eyes; "The students stared at the teacher with amazement"
stare

look - perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards; "She looked over the expanse of land"; "Look at your child!"; "Look--a deer in the backyard!"

outfaceoutstarestare down - overcome or cause to waver or submit by (or as if by) staring; "He simply stared down his opponent"

stargaze - observe the stars

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Your nitpicking would make a collegiate English professor yell.

Believe me, if anyone here took college level English they'd be mighty sad.

English might be a goofy language with all sorts of creeping slang and word abuse, but it doesn't make it alright crafting things like that in a "press" release.  It's a free country, and everyone is free to make a fool of himself or his company.

At best, this style of writing is considered "ad copy" and it's part of the degeneration of English.

Now, when you are incorporated, an individual cannot represent the corporation in legal matters.  It is part of the veil of protection under corporate conduct acting as an officer of the corporation.   A corporation must hire outside legal counsel for all legal matters.

Same logic and veil should be applied to press or in this case faux press release.  Hire a professional for protection and legal liability.   Give me someone else to blame and mock instead of Mr. CEO :) Kevin/Adam would do well in that role and likes to craft fiction, just look at his past deeds.

Affordable rates implies that there is more than one rate.
It's not a rate.  Perhaps English isn't your thing or you like flexibility in misusing words.

Where in reality do you use the term rate?  Hmm, electric utility rates? Water rates? Gas rates for natural gas?   Services all regulated highly by government.

Catch a bus or train, it is a fare, even though there are multiple "rates" based on age, distance, etc.

Perhaps you are confusing rate with your experience on a HotorNot style photo clone.  Nom nom....

Unless he offers a single package across the entire service, the term "rates" is correct.
Rates have no basis or need to be a single or multiple product thing.  Rates again, are standardized and often regulated.  What CVPS does is offers the very same package or plan or product, a VPS with one of several coupons or no coupon and sells that very same thing for different prices to different customers.  That practice is well, umm shady.   Nothing wrong with "specials" but if you are selling a product, the same product on the same day and charging people different amounts, I take issue with that and it might run afoul of pricing laws somewhere.

Sure he offers different VPS packages, but same coupon different price on same day song and dance routine.  Exploit the stupid or unknowing.  Yeah, that's a great way to run a real business.

people can't grow up or move past the previous issueds

Grow up?  Kiddo, I have enough years on folks around here to probably be your grandparent.

Previous "issueds"  --- issues.... They aren't previous.  These issues are as current and valid as ever and quite a few of them are ongoing.

spew crap about a provider all you're doing is making yourself look petty and you're degrading the overall quality of the community you're posting within.

It isn't crap, it's refresher 101 for all the newbies like yourself and those who might otherwise be duped by a shady operation like CVPS and his cohorts.    If someone had the testicular fortitude to open their mouth and do the foot work, places like CVPS would have been trimmed a long time ago. 

If we want to increase the quality of this community, I'd recommend the following:

1. Ban CVPS_Chris (hey Lowendtalk has him banned :) )

2. Ban all Chicago VPS ad shilling

3. Ban all offers out of Colocrossing.

Why?  Because it is what is and those jabronis have lowendtalk / lowendbox to lie, cheat and steal on.

It is always good news when a provider expands their locations and their horizons.

Good news when a provider expands?   Do press releases of "expansion" get your jimmy off or something?

It's a well-written press release too. Might consider getting a box in Dallas.

Well written my foot.   Ask someone else who doesn't abuse English. No habla English?

It is all said in the last comment:

"Might consider getting a box in Dallas"

Dallas might be a good place to be homeless in.  I recommend sizing up some appliance boxes so you fit.  Weather isn't too bad.  Might freeze in the winter though.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Believe me, if anyone here took college level English they'd be mighty sad.
I have an MBA, so yes I have taken a college level English class. On top of that we hired someone to write that, and I proof read it. As Aesthemic stated, it was a quality written piece and see nothing wrong with it.

If we want to increase the quality of this community, I'd recommend the following:
You mean by banning you? You bring nothing but a foul taste in everyone's mouth. I have done nothing wrong or started any drama. As for LEB I asked to be banned so I do not participate any longer as I am more stress free. Again, get over yourself.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
This thread is getting derailed for the purpose of derailment.

Where is pie and dude when ya need em?

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
I've gotten no reports about anything.
Why do we let members such as buffalooed do what he does? You may think Im the bad guy here, but I made a simple post and it turned into him bashing us over nothing legitimate.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Why do we let members such as buffalooed do what he does? You may think Im the bad guy here, but I made a simple post and it turned into him bashing us over nothing legitimate.
Unfortunately I believe the bashing will likely follow you anywhere you go. I'd either ignore it or respond to any claims made with your side. I don't like removing posts, but if things get out of hand I'll just lock the thread.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh no, not the thread locking CVPS_Chris is infamous for.  Shame.  +1 for locking the thread, since it is his and I derailed it this time  :D I think I owe CVPS_Chris about a 50 pack of thread locks.  :ph34r:

it turned into him bashing us over nothing legitimate.
Welcome to the terror dome.  You say not legitimate, I say horse shit.

As for LEB I asked to be banned

Well this is some brand new news.  LET I was referring to, but presume the ban was carried over.  Those sites stress you out? :)  It should be all sugar bears, gumdrops and rainbows over there for your and Jon now since many of us left the low end.  You need a sidekick to take the ripe tomatoes folks throw.  Where's that chap from Cali with the multiple personality disorder?

we hired someone to write that, and I proof read it.

I won't pick on your English.   Someone really wrote that and was paid?  Bless you for feeding the poor peasants.  Fivver deals aren't for outsourcing business stuff.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Comeon mate! You are pulling his leg. We as in ChicagoVPS company. As much as I love to see cvps/cc drama, this is just shameless leg pulling for no obvious reason :(

Hey, English mastery with these guys requires reading between the lines and finding the secrets between the sentences.

No joke about it, ChicagoVPS parent company isn't some sole proprietorship.   There was that prior "employee" who was "employed" at Colocrossing and whom had/believed in some ownership interest in CVPS.  

We read the "press" piece and it's all about multiple facilities and providers, but the only provider still, every location is Colocrossing.  Bunch of fluff.  It would have been less bullshit like and more honest to say "ChicagoVPS expands to Dallas and New Jersey"  then go on to say "ChicagoVPS has expanded its partnership with Colocrossing".

Lucky this fellow has an accountant in his family or nothing would add up. 

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Lucky this fellow has an accountant in his family or nothing would add up
Haha, the more you talk the more you give yourself up. Its pretty funny to be honest that you have this much haste because your butt hurt from your past. Either way, you are a failure, and will never do anything useful with your life. It is alright though, I expect nothing less from a jealous fool. Good night.

75359_10151423897014924_845671632_n.jpg

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Haha, the more you talk the more you give yourself up. Its pretty funny to be honest that you have this much haste because your butt hurt from your past. Either way, you are a failure, and will never do anything useful with your life. It is alright though, I expect nothing less from a jealous fool. Good night.

[photo]
At first I was going to write something comical. Then I reloaded the page and I saw this photo.

Who the heck is that and what's up with all the cocaine all over the place? Oh wait, had to get my bi-focals, that's snow, I think.

You lifted a photo from someone's Facebook? Where's the link to that person's profile so we can tip them off?

Let me guess, you know the fellow in the photo or do you have a thing for the kid the photo?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fabozzi

Fabozzi

One who is Jewish and eats farts....also called a borker 'Fabozzi' is an insult to be called..used to degrade one other.

Wow...Lauren was deffinitely acting like a Fabozzi last night.

by chris peters Nov 15, 2004

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
@, Your personal vendetta against CVPS is getting a little bit boring to be honest.

At first it was interesting when you dig up information that was new for me and most likely others in this community but the constant bashing that goes on right now is just to much.

You can go on all you want, there is nothing i can do to stop you and it's your right to post your opinion but I will try to ignore them.

I'm sure you will reply with something witty and clever...  have fun.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
http://www.urbandict...hp?term=fabozzi Fabozzi One who is Jewish and eats farts....also called a borker 'Fabozzi' is an insult to be called..used to degrade one other. Wow...Lauren was deffinitely acting like a Fabozzi last night. by chris peters Nov 15, 2004
haha this is pretty comical. Too bad it had more dislikes than likes. 5 up, 19 down

Move along now kid.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

@, Your personal vendetta against CVPS is getting a little bit boring to be honest.

At first it was interesting when you dig up information that was new for me and most likely others in this community but the constant bashing that goes on right now is just to much.

You can go on all you want, there is nothing i can do to stop you and it's your right to post your opinion but I will try to ignore them.

I'm sure you will reply with something witty and clever...  have fun.
They'll be more digging and new information, don't you worry about that.

I pushed out the CC owns LET/LEB a full year prior to reality arriving. Not solely of course :)

I pushed out the CVPS was hacked awareness for months when CVPS was busy hiding that. Not solely of course :)

I started and continue the ghost-host operations by CC. Yes, pretty much solely.

It isn't anything personal. I don't know these Buffalo kids, contrary to their paranoia. This is about them skewing the market, distorting reality and continuing the be gamers.

Note, CVPS_Chris "issues" with a former CC employee, although CVPS_Chris has heavily denied involvement in CC, going so far to say he was never a CC employee. I don't know employees at Equinix who blew up at their boss and quit over customer facing issues, so how does Chris if the companies are not related (CVPS+CC)?

If these Buffalo guys were running a legit operation WHT wouldn't have banned one of their companies and agents from posting. There wouldn't have been the LET/LEB scandal of ownership and their wouldn't be bogus press releases like these.

We can continue to let this product market go price nuts and believe that a 2GB VPS at $2.50 a month is sustainable in a free and open market. As if these services, support and performance are on par with same spec offer everywhere else. As if a provider is actually offering services they are paying for fairly in an open market.

Like I alluded to earlier, we left LET/LEB because of the shenanigans at CC+CVPS. Perhaps Chris would do better to unban himself over there and have free range with hardly a detractor. Way I figure it, I dealt with the BS over there for a year, so he's going to get it over here for that period of time.

amuck-landowner