amuck-landowner

Gotcha!

joepie91

Forgive me if I don't see it but giving someone a domain name does not necessarily mean changing the whois details immediately. Who knows how long Chris could have had it before changing the details.
This would be business suicide; as far as ICANN and such are concerned, the domain is owned by the person in the WHOIS details. As long as ColoCrossing is listed as domain owner, they can take control of the domain at any point in time, and Chris would be screwed.

As an example (no disrespect meant) BuyVM has a few employees who've worked with CC, EIG, and even DirectSpace. No one in their right mind would say this means BuyVM is a shell company of any of these. You would have called it grasping, tinfoil territory.
Perhaps that is because BuyVM is not being consistently shady about pretty much everything that happens around their company. There are no "gaps" to fill in.

Believe me, I am as tired of their non sense as you are.  Difference is, I won't stand for their rubbish, duping folks, stringing customers over payments wrapped through shell companies and the rest.  There's plenty more that hasn't been said.  And, if some other asshatery sets up intending to run an unsavory operation, I'll slap them just the same, even if they aren't CC related.
This.

To clear my issues up:

As Ive stated years ago, yes Jon owned the domain and gave it to me because he did not have time to develop it. This was the same time I exited the game server industry because of the monopoly GameServers.com had for the new CoD series and basically wiped my company out over night.

ChicagoVPS owns ALL of its hardware, and we do NOT resell ColoCrossing servers. Its really irritating that my success is downplayed and I am in the shadow of ColoCrossing. When there is a ColoCrossing issue, guess what CVPS is mentioned and I dont think that is very fair to me, Im actually a pretty good guy if you guys would actually talk to me instead of taunting me.

As for the whole me working for Velocity Servers or any of its counter parts, no it never happened and yet I am still stuck in this whole stupid situation over nothing. Like I said before, ask Jon why it was put on the internet, I had nothing to do with it.

I don't really have a need to answer anymore things here because they have all been discussed over the past few years so no sense in hashing that out again.
This post is missing an explanation as to why the domain was still owned by ColoCrossing while you were running a business off it.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
This post is missing an explanation as to why the domain was still owned by ColoCrossing while you were running a business off it.

I'll do you one better :3

As for the whole me working for Velocity Servers or any of its counter parts, no it never happened and yet I am still stuck in this whole stupid situation over nothing. Like I said before, ask Jon why it was put on the internet, I had nothing to do with it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20081031113318/http://vsnx.net/directory.pdf

He seems awfully unconcerned about it.  I guess it's fine if people randomly list him in places without his knowledge/permission, and he just sits and takes no action? :p

jarland

The ocean is digital

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Oh, aye, I'm fully aware he's given reasons for it.  But I'll remind you that just a few pages ago he freely admitted to lying about Kevin/Adam "to protect Adam's privacy".  Given that he's fully willing to lie so long as he can "justify" it later, why would I put any stock into those claims?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Because he thinks he knows who I am (my first name is of French origin, not English :p).  Even funnier, I've never actively hidden who I am, but he thinks that dropping a name he was fed would upset me for some reason. *shrug*

If you want to really make that question interesting... ask him where he got the supposed information from :p  That's why I've been waiting for him to 'prove' he knows who I am - he can't do so without revealing some majory privacy violations.  And sure... shame on me for giving modified information to his source in the first place - I can justify that easily enough, but it's a long and boring story.

NodeWest-Dan

Because he thinks he knows who I am (my first name is of French origin, not English :p). Even funnier, I've never actively hidden who I am, but he thinks that dropping a name he was fed would upset me for some reason. *shrug*

If you want to really make that question interesting... ask him where he got the supposed information from :p That's why I've been waiting for him to 'prove' he knows who I am - he can't do so without revealing some majory privacy violations. And sure... shame on me for giving modified information to his source in the first place - I can justify that easily enough, but it's a long and boring story.
Maybe he calls you Dustin out of disrespect. "Sometimes I call people by the wrong name just to let them know I don't care about them." - Ron Swanson

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

offtopic: Quite interesting thread about BuyVM on LET. ^ ^ Don't know what's the whole deal, since for me all claims there are BS. The only one that got my eye is about the Solus stuff, can anyone clarify or explain why some people are saying this?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
offtopic: Quite interesting thread about BuyVM on LET. ^ ^ Don't know what's the whole deal, since for me all claims there are BS. The only one that got my eye is about the Solus stuff, can anyone clarify or explain why some people are saying this?
When we originally moved away from Solus (that's another long story) and developed Stallion1, we didn't have time to develop an entire interface/etc.  So pretty much what we did was "View Source" the Solus panel (from a browser, to get the HTML and design) and built backwards off of that.  The backend was all 100% original written by Fran, and SolusLabs has confirmed this.  They weren't happy about us using their UI design, but we weren't happy about them trying to use SQL Injection attacks at us from their Licensing server either - so we agreed to just call it square since Fran gave them some help with v6 and rDNS, and they knew we were building a whole new panel (Stallion2).

The "Solus Issue" keeps getting brought up by trolls that hope to convince people that we just decoded Solus and used their code unlicensed.  This accusation falls flat when you consider that Stallion had FAR more features than Solus, and that SolusLabs themselves publicly confirmed that we weren't using their code after Fran gave them a few pages as proof.

tl;dr - people get jealous/upset/butthurt, and try to drag up old dirt that's already been settled and never stuck in the first place.

amuck-landowner